Group Financial Systems & Reporting (FSR) Junior Analyst
Brakes – Ashford, Kent.
This is a great opportunity for a Junior Analyst to join Group FSR , to grow with the team starting at junior level and cem ent their career with Brakes UK
The Group FSR Junior Analyst is responsible for providing support to BPC users across Europe and to the Group Reporting and Group FP&A teams.
Support will include month end data validations for assigned opcos, master data processing and maintenance, query investigations and resolutions, report troubleshooting, KPI monitoring and providing cover for change management processes.
The role will be based at Enterprise House and will be part of a Group FSR team of three whose main responsibility is the management and maintenance of the BPC consolidation system. The role will be a primary business contact for assigned BPC users across the Sysco network, working alongside Group FSR Senior Analyst and reporting to the Group FSR Manager. Responsibilities include providing support and analysis to various members of the Group Finance and Sysco Corporate Team.
• Provide assistance during month end close cycle, circulating timetable, work status and KPI monitoring, data validation and source system reconciliations
• Maintenance of FX rates in the system, ensuring proper documentation for SOX compliance
• Process and maintain master data in BPC including regular housekeeping of BPC dimensions/hierarchies/attributes
• Query investigation and issues resolution including troubleshooting on BPC package/report issues
• Data interrogation/analysis to assist with driving consistencies in reporting across the group
• Support the enhancement and development of Financial, Supplementary, HR, Credit and Annual disclosure packages
• Provide support and cover to GFSR Senior Analyst in the following tasks:
▪ Testing and development to improve reporting functionalities within BPC
▪ BPC change management process, business partnering with support team and relevant stakeholders
▪ BPC training initiatives on an on-going basis to ensure positive user experience of BPC across the Sysco EU network
▪ Evaluation of any new reporting requirements and its impact on BPC in collaboration with Group Technical Accounting team
• Support the on-boarding of newly acquired companies incl. data mapping, financial integration and training
• Support Group FSR manager in ad-hoc BPC improvement related projects
Knowledge, skills, experience and competencies
• Must be AAT qualified and/or at early stages of ACCA/CIMA/ACA studies
• With at least 2 years' experience in finance, preferably in financial accounting and consolidation background
• Very high level of accuracy & attention to detail required
• Previous experience of SAP/BPC preferred but experience of using other accounting systems will be considered
• Ability to navigate systems and interrogate data
• Strong Excel skills
• Ability to work well in time-pressured environment
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Excellent team player and can work independently as well What you'll get:
• Competitive salary
• Huge discount on all sorts of lovely food
• Generous holiday allowance, with option to purchase more
• Recognition awards and Incentives
• Real career opportunities – We're part of Sysco – the Global leader in selling, distributing and marketing food products – so the opportunities really are endless!
• …and much more! There's a lot on offer, so what are you waiting for?
Overhead Accountant SF32105 Devonport Royal Dockyard, Plymouth Starting Salary: £31,470 About the role We're looking for an Overhead Accountant supporting...Apply For This Job
My client are a recently established, but rapidly expanding, short-term lending provider based on the Isle of Man. They are...Apply For This Job
Practice Accountant Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire, Salary: OTE £30K – £40K per year. Contract: Potential for either a full or a...Apply For This Job
Job Title: Mortgage and Protection Adviser. Basis: Full Time Permanent Employed Role. Location: Flexible home based role for experienced Mortgage Advisers with a...Apply For This Job
Clipper Logistics is one of the leading retail fulfilment businesses in the UK. With ability and agility at our core,...Apply For This Job