Position: IT Business Relationship Senior Director, EMEA Commercial
Based: Haddenham, UK
With a focus on Commercial capabilities and specific emphasis on Commerce (eComm/DTC) and Digital Marketing, including Websites and Marketing Technology, the Business Relationship Senior Director (BRSD) works with business partners across McCormick EMEA region seeking to stimulate, surface, and shape demand for capabilities and solutions forming IT's business-aligned roadmap. This individual ensures that the potential business value from those capabilities and assets are captured, optimized, and recognized in partnership with other IT teams. Acts as an internal business consultant by recommending strategic projects that bring business value. Also, where appropriate, provides guidance and/or expertise regarding project design, architecture, implementation, and support.
As McCormick invests in Digital Marketing and Commerce growth objectives across our global Commercial businesses, this position is specifically accountable for EMEA Commercial delivery within own area of responsibility. This role is strategic and transformational, wherein the BRSD is expected to play a critical leadership role aligning IT investments and services to drive growth across our Commercial business functions. Additionally, the incumbent will serve an important and influential role helping shape the future of our company.
Drive the business and IT
Partner with business leaders to:
* Drive sales growth by leveraging digital and commerce capabilities aligned to regional Commercial sales objectives.
* Enable them to articulate their function's technology needs and requirements to enable business performance.
* Measure adoption and develop future roadmap and opportunities.
* Plan new initiatives, evaluate ideas, and determine how they fit into business capability roadmaps and priorities.
* Partner with IT Product Line Managers to maintain visibility over the capabilities and portfolio execution.
* Act as an internal advisor and visionary on emerging technologies by recommending strategic projects that bring business value.
Cost centre and project budgets
* Manage budgetary efforts necessary for securing appropriate funding for key efforts. Responsible to drive business case definition for strategic projects.
* Accountable for the related local cost centre(s) – where appropriate, budgeting technology projects and assistance in development of value propositions for solutions.
Technology strategy and architecture
* Partner with Enterprise Architecture, IT Security and peer regional Commercial BRD’s on architectural strategy and technical innovation plans to support the IT vision with the business teams.
* Seek innovative solutions and feed them back to the business, weighing all key factors such as business fit, total cost of ownership, technological fit, compliance, security requirements and ease of use.
* Evaluate new applications for compatibility with current systems, technical requirements, business objectives and corporate strategy.
•Team leadership and coaching
* Actively participate in performance evaluation process and development needs of global Commercial team members, including shaping goals and providing input to employee individual development plans.
* Mentor team to shape initiatives and work efforts to seek cost efficiencies and effectiveness for the business.
* By actively surveying technology and process innovation, identify, develop and embed technology and strategic capabilities that drive profitable growth and/or provides competitive advantage for McCormick & Co. Drive innovation within the IT organization and the business through on-going evaluations of emerging or value-added solutions.
* Leverage external sources, network, internal colleagues and partnerships to identify best practice and offer progressive solutions that deliver incremental value or create a competitive advantage.
* Actively drive and is accountable for team adherence to company and department policies and standards including, but not limited to: Sarbanes-Oxley, IT General Controls and IT Operating Model (ITOM) processes.
• BA/BSc – Business or Technology field, or related discipline.
• Experience in systems solution design, integration or development.
• Experience in staff leadership.
• Experience in resource and budget planning.
• Experience in Commercial, specifically Digital Marketing, including successful implementations of branded websites and experience with Marketing Technologies (e.g. DAM, Social Listening/Analytics, DMP, etc).
• Experience in eCommerce and/or DTC, including successful implementations of Commerce implementations.
• Strong knowledge and implementation experience of PIM/PXM technologies supporting Commerce solutions.
• Moderate experience in systems integration, including Cloud platforms.
• Process or CPG industry experience.
• Team player who demonstrates exemplary leadership and is able to build relationships, interface effectively with all levels of the organization.
• Progressive thinker, able to think and influence strategically across teams.
• Experienced in managing relationships across multiple cultures and geographies up to the highest levels of the organization.
• Sharp analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
• Global business and functional acumen: able to understand the complexity of business on a global scale, embrace cultural and individual differences with empathy, work with the nuances of specific cultures to make informed decisions.
• Strong time management, organizational and prioritization skills for self and others.
• Project management skills in technical or business area.
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
• MBA – Business acumen needed to work business and technology strategies and objectives.
• Full lifecycle Commerce implementations, including deployments on a global scale.
• Food & Beverage, Pharmaceutical or Life Science industry experience.
• PMP certification.
• Experience with field sales force and merchandizing solutions.
• Experience with sales operations/CRM technologies
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people and our planet.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and flavors to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers in 150 countries and territories in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas with recognized brands including Drogheria & Alimentari.
At McCormick, we have over a culture based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, ethics and integrity and growth.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team with a passion for flavour, then please apply via our careers centre .
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Are you looking to build a career in IT and Cyber Security and have no or very limited experience? If...Apply For This Job
Digital Agile Platforms Architect Competitive Salary – Based in Newbury, Berkshire Saint-Gobain -Winners of 'TOP EMPLOYER UK AND GLOBAL' five...Apply For This Job
Cobham Mission Systems have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Network Engineer to join the team based out of Bournemouth...Apply For This Job
Are you looking to build a career in IT and have no or very limited experience? If you are technically...Apply For This Job
Why you want to work here: We are Linnworks, a leading SaaS company with a UK market-leading product for eCommerce...Apply For This Job
Job Description The QA Test Manager will be responsible for overseeing Quality Assurance (QA) for the entire Data product portfolio...Apply For This Job