Job Title: HR Manager
Business Area: Lucy Group
To be responsible for managing and developing the HR Service Centre Team and providing a high-quality operational HR service to all Lucy Group businesses in the UK, with occasional overseas support.
The role will provide policy, process and advice on key HR issues together with responsibility for all HR Administration activities to ensure an effective and efficient delivery of HR support.
Reporting into the HR Business Partner for the UK, this role will line manage and develop the HR Service Centre team consisting of a HR Generalist and two HR Administrators.
The role will provide HR support and advice from the Oxford and Thame offices to all of the UK businesses.
The role holder will build strong relationships at all levels across the business.
– Responsible for supporting and advising the business on employee relations issues including but not limited to dispute resolution, disciplinaries, grievances, absence management, and performance management.
– Manage and develop the HR Service Centre team and ensure that the team provide an effective and efficient HR service, respond promptly to queries and manage expectations
– Advise managers on management practice and ensure compliance with policies and procedures including in Employee Relations issues.
– Ensure that policy, procedures and forms are up to date, in line with current legislation and maintained according to ISO standards.
– Responsible for ensuring the shared drives, employee files and relevant trackers are maintained and up to date
– Ensure the HR system (Oracle) is kept up to date and accurate, and provide reports from Oracle on request
– Ensure all employees have the right to work, and support in the renewal and obtainment of visa and sponsorship requirements as needed.
– Oversee all aspects of the Employee lifecycle, including but not limited to induction and onboarding, contractual changes, development, benefits and leaver process.
– Responsible for overseeing the processing of monthly and fortnightly payroll activities.
– Actively support with managing benefits including the pension schemes, the benefits process and the annual benefit review
– Support with the annual salary review and bonus
– Ensure the audit process is followed, met and maintained
– Participate in HR project work as required.
– Support the wider HR team as needed
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
* CIPD qualified to level 5 or above, ideally level 7
* Significant HR experience in a generalist role
* Experience of managing and advising on Employee Relations activities including but not limited to Performance Management, Grievances, Disciplinaries, Absence Management
* Up to date knowledge of employment law
Job Specific Skills:
* Experience of managing and developing a team
* Competent in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Powerpoint
* Strong Customer Service skills and the ability to deal with difficult situations positively
* Strong working knowledge and experience of information data processing and record keeping, experience of working with ISO is desirable
* Drive and commitment to making things happen
* Willing to challenge when required
* Proven problem solving skills
* Experience of running/supporting with payroll and benefits is desirable
* Strong attention to detail and organisational skills
* Excellent time management skills
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to build relationships at all levels
* A collaborative team player
– Caring – We treat all with fairness and respect. We value diversity. We recognise and develop our people
– Excellence – Through ingenuity and a dedication to quality, we create smart, sustainable solutions
– Working Together – Teamworking and communication are at the forefront of everything we do. We share our knowledge across our organisation for the benefit of all.
– Trusted – We build and maintain trusted relationships with all people and partners
– Daring to Differentiate – We are market leaders. We make bold decisions. We stand out