Head of Bereavement
Central London Office / Home-based
Salary: 42,000 – 48,000 pa plus competitive benefits scheme
The ideal candidate for this post will have senior experience in a bereavement
support field and will embrace and champion the organisations values and
behaviours. They will have experience of leading teams, developing services and
a good understanding of services that are delivered online. A collaborative
approach and excellent communication and listening skills is essential as they
will work with colleagues in our healthcare teams and marketing, communications
and digital services as well as building relationships and identifying
opportunities to collaborate with other bereavement organisations.
The post holder will grow and develop our Online Bereavement Support services
working closely with colleagues in our Digital Services team to identify
opportunities to expand and develop our services in line with user need. Line
managing the Bereavement Counsellor Manager and overseeing a high performing
bereavement counselling team the post holder will work closely with colleagues
in our PR, marketing and influencing teams to develop content, position us as
experts and act as the organisations bereavement spokesperson.
This is a great opportunity for somebody looking for a senior role working in
Key deliverables of the role include but are not limited to:
* Develop and deliver the organisations bereavement strategy ensuring our
online bereavement services grow and expand to support more people.
* Lead, motivate, manage and develop a high performing bereavement
counselling team, developing innovative ways to recruit and retain
counsellors, creating a bank and working with training providers where
* Develop, grow and expand our Online Bereavement Support working closely
with the Head of Digital and Digital Services Managers to ensure that the
services remain innovative, continue to grow and are developed in line
with user need.
* Work closely with the PR team and the Influencing team to position us as
experts in bereavement, attending meetings and acting as a spokesperson.
* Work with the fundraising team on funding applications and on defining
and developing our bereavement offer for corporates.
* Build relationships with other bereavement organisations, identifying
opportunities to collaborate and support each other.
* Extensive understanding of bereavement, bereavement legislation and
* Competent in managing and escalating online risk and safeguarding issues.
* Experience and knowledge of working in a health or social care service.
* Experience of developing and delivering high impact strategies.
* Extensive experience of leading and developing high performing teams
* Knowledge (and ideally experience) of counselling services.
* Proven experience in researching, planning, developing and expanding
services within a large organisation.
* Experience of setting and managing budgets and developing business cases
and business models.
* Experience of working in a large and diverse organisation
* Willingness to act as a media spokesperson and brand ambassador
Sue Ryder supports people through the most difficult times of their lives.
Whether that s a terminal illness, the loss of a loved one or a neurologica
condition we re there when it matters. Our doctors, nurses and carer
give people the compassion and expert care they need to help them live the best
life they possibly can.
* Competitive Benefits Package* 25 days holiday rising to 30 plus ban
holidays, private pension, staff discount with thousands of retailers,
enhanced maternity pay, 15% off new goods and lots more. Please visit our
careers page for the full list.
1st Interview: w/c 28th September
2nd Interviews: 6th October
Show moreShow less
Activities Coordinator Cedar View Care Home, Stanhope Road, Croydon, CR0 5NS £8.88 ph, 37.5 hrs Excellent Employee Discount Package Employee...Apply For This Job
Learning Support Practitioner Hourly Paid Kidderminster College Main Site – Market Street 9.30 (for part time posts salary will be...Apply For This Job
Floating Support Worker Job no: 494255 Work type: Full time Salary: 19547 Location: Newport Categories: Support Job Description: Care &...Apply For This Job
Care Coordinator The Role: Being a Care Coordinator with Helping Hands is about more than just rota management. You will...Apply For This Job
Bank Registered General Nurse (RGN) Reference PRI40611 Location Cleveland House, Greaves Hall Avenue, Banks, Southport, Lancashire PR9 8BL Priory Group...Apply For This Job