We're committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country's services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self-starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for everyone.
We believe that we are what we do.
It's more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we're proud to be the better
What is the purpose of this role?
We have a role that has become available to be part of our MOJ team at Amey. Working in a secure environment, you will be part of a team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical.
What will the role involve?
* To work in a team to provide general maintenance tasks and support tradespeople on site.
* Provide a professional assistance service to those requesting support.
* Complete tasks associated with DIY such as hanging notice board, building furniture, repair of items around the prison.
* Checking appliances, fittings and general environment are in good working order and all defects reported to Team Leader.
* General good housekeeping, including litter picking around the grounds if required.
* All other FM duties as required directed by team manager.
What are we looking for?
* Amey will complete a DBS for you upon successful interview.
* Solid experience in DIY/ general building maintenance.
* Technical knowledge and a trade qualification are essential.
* IT skills.
* A professional customer/client focussed approach to service delivery.
* Able to demonstrate a committed, flexible and enthusiastic approach to varying duties.
* Ability to follow and adhere to instructions and relevant safety policies and procedures.
* Excellent organisational and time management skills.
* COSHH training.
* Full UK driving licence.
What makes this role unique?
This is a great opportunity work in a secure MOJ environment and be a part of our successful and growing business