Kent Fire and Rescue Service (KFRS) is seeking a Fire Safety Inspector to join their team based Countywide across Kent. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis in return for a competitive salary of £22,218 – £35,045 per annum (The grade of the post will be dependent on knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience required for the role).
Our Fire Safety Inspector will conduct a range of statutory building regulation consultations on behalf of KFRS, within agreed time scales, meeting local performance targets. You should however, be cognisant of the limits of their competency and request appropriate assistance where necessary.
You will provide fire safety advice and support academic research in fire safety and the built environment. You will support the audit work of the Building Safety Office that aligns to the risk based inspection programme, by agreement with their line manager.
Key responsibilities as our Fire Safety Inspector:
– Research and identify opportunities for improvements in the built environment, providing customers with support and guidance to improve services where relevant, encouraging collaborative partnerships
– Produce written letters, reports, briefs, emails and correspondence as a result of the statutory building regulation consultations
– Provide verbal advice to all customers on technical and legislative requirements under the current fire safety legislation
– Support the work of the Building Safety Office by assisting with fire safety audits
– Accurately record own work activities e.g. building regulation consultations and audits on the fire safety database, in a timely manner
– Work with Building Control Bodies, designers and architects, by reviewing, consulting and reporting on Building Regulation 2019 consultations, within agreed time scales, meeting local performance targets on non-complex projects
What we’re looking for in our Fire Safety Inspector:
– A practical understanding of Health and Safety requirements
– Knowledge and application of the Fire Safety legislation, building technical standards and fire safety guidance documents
– Knowledge of the Building Regulations Approved Document B and fire engineering guidance documents, including the BS 7974 series
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively engage with a diverse range of people, either on a one–to–one basis or within a group setting
– Be able to work effectively on your own and within a team, with the ability to plan and prioritise workloads
– Be competent in IT and have the ability to prepare and present information through a variety of media formats e.g. workshops, presentations, seminars etc.
– Level 2 or equivalent standards in Maths and English
– Level 4 Certificate in Fire Safety or equivalent or working towards this
– Level 4 Diploma in Fire Safety or equivalent or working towards this
– Experience of working within a team in order to achieve objectives with a positive attitude
– Experience of managing or leading on projects to completion against acceptance criteria, within agreed time scales
– The practical application of risk assessment methodologies
– Experience of undertaking consultations of buildings and workplaces in a wide range of occupancies
– Experience of dealing with people with a variety of background/cultures, using your communication skills to negotiate positive outcomes (All grades 4, 5 & 6) and in line with Fire Safety legislation
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Fire Safety Inspector please click ‘apply’ today, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing Date: 23:59 hours on 22nd October 2020
Please note that if successful you will be required to undergo a DBS check
Head of Kitchen – Vertas Group Limited Eyke Primary School 25 hours per week 38.6 weeks per year About us:...Apply For This Job
Kent, Surrey and Sussex Community Rehabilitation Company (KSS CRC) is a high performing organisation delivering a range of rehabilitation and...Apply For This Job
Summary HMRC is building a modern, digital tax administration and runs the biggest digital operation in Government, providing digital services...Apply For This Job
About Us Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing has a vision that ?everyone has a home and the opportunity to live well?;...Apply For This Job
Head of Kitchen – Vertas Group Limited 35 hours per week across 38.6 weeks of the year, term time only....Apply For This Job