Kent Fire and Rescue Service (KFRS) is seeking multiple Fire Engineering Design Technicians to join their team. You will be based Countywide. Joining us on a full time, permanent basis, in return you will receive a competitive salary of £30,640 – £35,045 per annum.
Our Fire Engineering Design Technicians will conduct a range of statutory building regulation consultations on behalf of KFRS, within agreed time scales, meeting local performance targets. They should however, be cognisant of the limits of their competency and request appropriate assistance where necessary.
You will provide fire safety advice and support academic research in fire safety and the built environment on behalf of the FET and the Building Safety management team.
Key responsibilities as our Fire Engineering Design Technicians:
– Research and identify opportunities for improvements in the built environment, providing customers with support and guidance to improve services where relevant, encouraging collaborative partnerships
– Produce written letters, reports, briefs, emails and correspondence as a result of the statutory building regulation consultations
– Provide verbal advice to all customers on technical and legislative requirements under the current fire safety legislation
– Provide and support an understanding and awareness to others within KFRS regarding the role of Fire Engineering Design Technician
– Accurately record own work activities e.g. building regulation consultations on the fire safety database, in a timely manner
– Work with Building Control Bodies, designers and architects, by reviewing, consulting and reporting on Building Regulation 2019 consultations, within agreed time scales, meeting local performance targets
What we’re looking for in our Fire Engineering Design Technicians:
– A practical understanding of Health and Safety requirements
– Knowledge and application of the Fire Safety legislation, building technical standards and fire safety guidance documents
– Knowledge of the Building Regulations Approved Document B and relevant British Standards and of Fire Engineering guidance documents, including the BS 7974 series
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively engage with a diverse range of people, either on a one – to – one basis or within a group setting
– Be able to work effectively on your own and within a team, with the ability to plan and prioritise workloads in a timely manner
– Be competent in IT and have the ability to prepare and present information through a variety of media formats e.g. workshops, presentations, seminars etc.
– Level 4 Diploma in Fire Safety or equivalent or working towards this
– Experience of working within a team in order to achieve objectives with a positive attitude
– Experience of managing or leading on projects to completion against acceptance criteria, within agreed time scales
– The practical application of risk assessment methodologies
– Experience of undertaking consultations of buildings and workplaces in a wide range of occupancies
– Experience of dealing with people with a variety of background/cultures, using your communication skills to negotiate positive outcomes and in line with Fire Safety legislation
If you feel have the skills and experience to become one of our Fire Engineering Design Technicians please click ‘apply’ today, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing Date: 23:59 hours on 22nd October 2020
Please note that if successful you will be required to undergo a DBS check
Cobham Aerospace Connectivity are recruiting for a Principal Electronics Engineer reporting to the manager for the Electronics discipline. You will...Apply For This Job
Graduate Leadership Development Programme (GLDP) Start: 1st September 2021 Locations: Harlow Location and any site rotations are dependent on the...Apply For This Job
Senior Infrastructure Engineer About GHD With more than 10000 people around the globe GHD is a leading engineering, architecture and...Apply For This Job
Gas Engineers & Plumbers Who are we? Rightio are a company who believe in doing things right first time, from...Apply For This Job
Maintenance Services Technician Field Based – North West 40 hours Are you looking to join a company that cares about...Apply For This Job