We're committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country's services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your well being. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for
We believe that we are what we do.
It's more than just wanting to do better.
What is the purpose of this role?
The lead finance role on the Area 12 contract reporting to the Account Director and the Portfolio Financial Controller. This contract is a maintenance and response contract which was awarded by Highways England. The contract is for 15 years and has an annual turnover of circa £25million. Amey will manage both revenue (core maintenance) and capital budgets (heavy maintenance and renewal schemes).
What will this role involve?
* Preparation of monthly management accounts including submission of a group reporting pack.
* Completion of monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations and a formal sign off with the portfolio Financial Controller on a quarterly basis.
* Monthly cashflow reporting and forecasting.
* Completion of a monthly financial reporting pack to be presented at the contract SMT meeting and the CVR review chaired by the Highways Executive Team.
* Preparation of annual Budgets and Forecasts and presentation to the contract SMT and Highways Executive including the submission of a group reporting pack.
* Responsible for all finance related activities on the contract including leading a small finance team.
* Client Reporting mainly centred around cost reporting and management of the contract bank account.
* Management of finance related IT projects e.g. PowerApps Cost Allocation tool.
* Management of costs including the posting of labour, plant and material costs from PowerApps (Winshuttle files), accruals and prepayments.
* Client invoicing and management of cash received.
What are we looking for?
* A proactive approach with a "can do" attitude to problem solving.
* A team player who can operate effectively with the various teams on the contract and in the wider business and at different levels of seniority.
* The ability to act as a finance business partner across the multiple business functions, demonstrating strong communication skills.
* Effective time management to deliver the requisite financial information in line with group and client reporting requirements with the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
Qualification and Experience
* Qualified Accountant – preferably CIMA (or ACCA).
* Ideally post qualification experience of 5 years+.
* Ideally experience in a relevant business or sector.
* Advanced excel skills, pivot tables, lookups.
* Knowledge of SAP desirable