Location: Currently based working from home but in the future we will expect presence in our Wimbledon Head Office (there may be times you can work from home)
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time (35 hours per week)
Domestic & General’s purpose is to keep our customer’s world running by delivering an essential service that never lets them down. We are on an exciting journey, transforming our business in line with the Group’s Strategy outlined in an ambitious five-year plan.
We are excited to announce that we are seeking a Finance Manager (Corporate) to join our busy and expanding finance team.
Reporting to the Head of UK Finance, the Finance Manager (Corporate) will assist the business as they seek to articulate the trading implications of operational decisions. The role will business partner across the corporate functions such as Legal, HR and Marketing ensuring decisions are commercially sound and understood.
The role will be responsible for providing a financial overview of the teams financial responsibilities. As well as co-ordinating and communicating departmental deadlines.
About The Role:
* Provision of monthly reporting with key linkages between financials and operational metrics.
* Monthly reviews with all budget holders to discuss performance against budget, effectively tracking risks and opportunities.
* Ownership of all relevant forecasting inputs, producing consistent and accurate financial outputs driven by efficient models.
* Co-ordinate with other Finance Managers within the team to enable delivery of reporting and forecasting requests determined by the Financial Planning & Performance and Group Finance teams.
* Produce departmental financial overviews, review existing processes to enable consistent and effective approaches within the team.
* Attendance at relevant meetings and forums to be agreed with Head of UK Finance and business stakeholders.
* Gain the trust of the business and become a critical friend providing challenge on performance and future strategy.
* Manage and mentor one Finance Analyst in the team.
* Support the Head of Procurement in the roll out of a Purchase to Pay framework and system.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
* Accounting qualification either ACCA or CIMA – essential
* Ability to build effective relationships with key stakeholders across all levels and fully understand the challenges of the function being supported
* Excellent presentation and communication skills with the ability to impact positively throughout the organization
* Previous management experience
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills; interpersonal and collaborative skills
* Ability to operate effectively in a complex business environment
* Ability to work collaboratively across functions, recognising and utilising the expertise across the business to drive value
* Confident in holding self and others to account
* Commercial acumen
* High level of personal integrity, and the ability to professionally handle confidential matters and exude the appropriate level of judgment and maturity
* High degree of initiative, dependability and ability to work with little supervision
* A critical thinker with strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Good knowledge of accounting principles and practices
* Ability to make sound day to day accounting decisions, solve accounting issues and problems and recommend solutions
* Previous experience using accounting systems such as Cognos is essential.
Domestic & General are an equal opportunities employer, which means we treat people fairly. We view all applications equally, regardless of gender, colour, ethnic background, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. We also have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks
We have a truly excellent opportunity for an experienced Semi Senior Accountant to join our team in Lincoln. Salary: Competitive...Apply For This Job
About Us Harwood Wealth Management Group is a leading financial planning and discretionary wealth management firm. Through our large network...Apply For This Job
Following recent expansion into Europe an opportunity has arisen for a newly created role as Group Management Accountant (Europe) reporting...Apply For This Job
Administration and Finance Manager, Charity based in Warwickshire, salary £30,000 to £34,000 per annum dependent on experience and skills, 23...Apply For This Job
Trainee Forex Trader – Experience is not required! Earn from £18,000 – £100,000 OTE, dependent on the performance Looking to...Apply For This Job