Group Finance Manager
Salary – £48,000
Location – Bolton
Fixed Term – 12 Months (Maternity Cover)
2020’s Best places to work Winner and the UK’s largest private Children’s Services providers has an opportunity for a Group finance Manager in our flagship offices in Bolton. You'll need to have at least x 5 years in industry and have worked within SME companies or above, as we have over 4,000 employees and in excess of 40 companies within the group.
Group Finance Manager
The Group Finance Manager will provide the monthly financial results for the corporate cost centres to the Director of Financial Controls and Executive Team with comments on key variances to budget or forecast. You will consolidate, manipulate and present the data to produce meaningful trends and influence business outcomes.
You will also support our budget holders throughout the entire budget process and maintain a budget and forecast financial model to ensure consistency of data and process across all central cost centres.
* Provide the monthly financial results for the corporate cost centres to the Director of Financial Controls with comments on key variances to budget or forecast, if applicable and related action plans.
* Act as Business Partner for budget holders and senior managers, guiding them on commercial matters and promoting financial understanding.
* Consolidate, manipulate, and present data extracted from the various operating systems (accounting ledgers, payroll and HR system) to produce meaningful trends and influence business outcomes.
* Make sure financial KPIs are appropriate at all times for the individual corporate functions and ensure clear communication of these KPIs, highlighting key trends.
* Issue instructions to the relevant budget holders as regards the preparation of budgets and forecasts.
* Maintain a budget and forecast financial model to ensure consistency of data and process across all central cost centres.
* Validate budget submissions and support budget holders through the entire budget process;
* Prepare consolidated group budget and relevant supporting analysis and presentation.
* Financial controls, processes and systems: Ensure that balance sheet account reconciliations are produced monthly and documented.
* Statutory audit and tax compliance – Preparation and review of audit packs for the central group companies.
* Ensure compliance with tax rules.
Who we are looking for
Industry experience within Financial Manager roles and ACA/ ACCA / CIMA certification.
Why work for us?
* Holidays starting at 25 days per annum
* Extensive training suite
* Career development across the Group
* Professional support network
* Contributory Pension
* The Hub – employee discounts, recognition cards, well-being centre
* Cycle to Work scheme
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Salary Finance
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer