This role is to act as the dedicated cross-functional overall Initiative
Lead for the Derivatives IPV and Fair Value Hierarchy Levelling initiatives; to
meet regulatory commitments to the OCC.
The role will lead / oversee delivery / execution of project workstreams
within these programmes / initiatives, and to lead the IPV initiative
The role will partner with multiple stakeholder groups; including Product
Control teams (including VCG and GPO), MSS, MQA, MSST, GFT, CDO, Risk, other
EIO&T teams, ensuring that the defined programme of work across multiple
stakeholders and delivery teams is delivered on time, and according to
regulatory, internal governance expectations.
The initiative is critical to Citi globally, and is key to delivery against
a number of regulatory commitments
This cross functional leadership role sits within the Global Product Contro
Programme Leadership group, which runs a number of cross functional regulatory
Initiatives involving Finance, as well as specific Product Control projects,
aligned with the Finance Transformation and Governance organisation.
This is a highly visible leadership role, with exposure to global senior
business and functional leadership.
* Initiative and Programme Leadership & management
* Accountable for delivery and governance of multiple cross-functional
* Leads, influences, drives and sets regional approach / strategy, within
* Will face off to global Senior Finance and functional / business
* Manage a team of Project and Programme Managers
* Organise and plan the activities required to deliver against the
programme objectives and scope, for assigning accountability for
delivery, implement tracking and monitoring processes, communicating and
reporting status of the program or programs
* Develop Initiative reporting structure (cadence, management and reporting
setup, issues / risk tracking / escalation, scorecard / metrics, budget
* Facilitate and lead regular steering, operating / working group committee
meetings, and other implementation working groups as needed.
* Prepare executive / management level reporting and other regulator-
* Employ standard program processes, templates, and tools for program
delivery, per the Finance Org PMO and Citi program and project management
* Ensure project documentation and auditable artefacts are created and
stored, as required by Citi programme management standards
* Lead / participate in internal and external audits related to controls,
governance, and integration points
* Provide credible challenge to the individual work streams / projects on
their plans, delivery and documentation
Qualifications – Internal Knowledge and Experience:
* Extensive years of relevant work experience
* Proven programme management / governance experience
* Experience and ease in interfacing with Senior Management
* Experience with enterprise program management tools and processes
* Familiarity with Budget and prioritization processes at Citi
* PMP or other Project Management certification a plus
* Consulting or project background preferred
* Program/project management or PMO using a structured methodology to
successfully track, plan, monitor and report on concurrent, multiple
* Knowledge and experience of the regulatory environment in the EU a plus.
* Experience of forming an efficient and strong project management
* Excellent presentation and communication (written, verbal, active
listening) skills required in order to synthesize key messages and –
storytell – to broad set of senior stakeholders, internally and
* Excellent interpersonal skills required, to lead program delivery, and
manage relationships within a progam/ project context across multiple
functions, products, geographies and reporting lines,.
* Excellent project planning / organizational skills, including an ability
to lead project teams towards clear delivery plans across geography,
function and other organizational structures;
* Excellent influencing, facilitation, and collaborating skills
* A Risk mitigation mindset is required – to identify, anticipate,
challenge, mitigate and manage risks to delivery.
* Strong attention to detail and hard work ethic
* Good influencing, facilitation, and collaborating skills
* Practical approach
* Strong analytical skills required, experience with budgets and financial
* Possesses a comprehensive understanding of how own area and others
collectively integrate to contribute towards achieving business
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, particularly Microsoft Excel
and standard project management tools (LPMT, MS Project, PTS-W)
* Contributes to the direction and strategy of the wider project team
* Is considered a senior leader within Finance
* Individual should be analytical, flexible, team-oriented, have good
interpersonal, communication, and follow-up skills with strong attention
to detail and ability to multi-task
It is important that the following key characteristics can be clearly
demonstrated, based on previous experience:
* A well-motivated, well-organized self-starter, the successful candidate
will be able to lead, coordinate and drive medium- sized project teams,
including representatives from a variety of areas across the
organization, sometimes for initiatives lasting several months;
* Someone who can think through a problem;
* Someone who is comfortable in the detail;
* The ability to assimilate data and to reach well thought out decisions;
* The ability to add value to current working practices and to challenge
the status quo, thinking beyond the – here and now – ;
* Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships at all
* Someone who can successfully manage strategic initiatives towards the
timely achievement of their stated objectives
* Requires minimal supervision
* Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks and to work with
geographically diverse resources
* Ability to work effectively with project teams/leaders across all
functional areas and levels
* Ability to see the “big picture” without losing attention to detail
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the
role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in
style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions
and organizational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Grade :All Job Level – All Job FunctionsAll Job Level – All Job Functions – GB
Time Type :Full time —
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi – ) invite all qualified interested
applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a
disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or
apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law
Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .
Show moreShow less
Description Position at WorldFirst Salesforce engineer will be focusing on delivering efficient and effective software & application solutions on the...Apply For This Job
Management Accountant Location: Batley, Yorkshire Salary: Competitive Due to internal progression, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Management Accountant...Apply For This Job
Lead Financial Engineer, Capital Markets | FD EMPLOYEE LOGIN JOBS@FIRSTDERIVATIVES.COM – Home – Why FD? – Go Global with FD...Apply For This Job
Pentins deliver cutting edge accountancy and advisory services for entrepreneurs that want to make an impact in their industries. Our...Apply For This Job
Senior Internal Auditor Location:UK (Flexible) Country:United Kingdom Requisition Number:10554 Job Family:Finance Number of Heads Remaining:1 Description Vacancy: Senior Internal Auditor...Apply For This Job