Creative Support is a non-profit provider of personalised care and support services for a wide range of service users. We are currently recruiting for Female Support Workers at our 2 extra care services in Slough. If you would like a rewarding role that includes assisting older people to overcome isolation, achieve their goals and rejoin the community (subject to covid-restrictions) then we would love to hear from you.
Day-to-day tasks of the role would include:
* Supporting service users inside their own flats and out in the community (subject to covid-restrictions)
* Supporting service users to retain their independence
* Supporting service users to take up hobbies and achieve their personal goals
* Collaborating with service users, family members and other involved professionals to provide excellent person-centred care for service users
* Working as part of a team and alone inside service users’ homes
* Assisting with the day-to-day running of the service, including administering medication, paperwork, emails and other office duties
* Providing respectful personal care and helping service users retain their dignity at all times
Experience of working with older people is beneficial but isn’t essential as you will be provided with full training for the role. All we ask if that you have a passion for helping older people improve their independence and quality of life.
You will be allocated to one of our two sites in Slough: The Pines or Northampton Place, both of which are easily accessible by bus routes and if you’re a driver, there is free parking on-site for staff.
The shift patterns will be a mix of early and late shifts between the hours of 7am and 10pm depending on the needs of the service.
Why you should work for us:
Creative Support is a company that cares and has recently obtained the Investors in People (IIP) Silver Award which means:
* You will receive ongoing training and will be supported with any further goals you wish to achieve.
* You will always work in a covid-secure environment
* You will be provided with PPE at all times
* Priority access to the covid19 vaccine
* Provision of uniforms
* Free-of-charge DBS certificate
* Free access to Health Assured