J. Murphy & Sons Limited is a leading global, specialist engineering and construction company founded in 1951 that improves lives by delivering world-class infrastructure. Operating in the United Kingdom, Ireland and Canada, we provide better engineered solutions to infrastructure sectors including transportation; water; power; natural resources; and construction & property.Headquartered in London, we also have a number of related businesses – Ground Engineering; Utility Connections; Murphy Plant; Urban Infrastructure; Murphy Process Engineering; Pipeline Testing Services; Specialist Welding Services; and Electrical Services. We are specialists in delivering pipelines; design; marine; structural steel; tunnelling; fabrication; bridges and piling; and invest heavily in our substantial holding of plant; equipment and facilities.
Mechanical Engineer – London
Murphy are recruiting a Mechanical Engineer in South London to join a team working to deliver the second phase of London Power Tunnels.
National Grid has agreed a 6-year contract with Murphy to deliver tunnelling and shaft work in the second phase of its London Power Tunnels project. The contract is worth £400 million, and work has started as of March 2020 with offices opening in Bermondsey and New Cross, South London.
The £1bn LPT project will see the construction of a 32.5km tunnel which will house electricity transmission cables 30m underground. The new cables will replace three circuits that currently run under the surface or roads between Wimbledon and Crayford. The replacement tunnel will minimise disruption for Londoners, eliminating the need to dig up the existing cape infrastructure.
* Relevant Degree Qualification in Mechanical Engineering
* Experience working in the mechanical engineering and tunnelling field
* Exceptional technical and problem-solving skills and reasoning ability
* Ability to build and maintain lasting and positive relationships
* Data acquisition and interrogation skills
* CSCS, PTS
* IT skills
* Plan, design, procure, install, maintain and supervise mechanical systems on LPT2 including TBM's, rolling stock, ventilation, conveyor and gantry systems
* Provide comprehensive, accurate and complete Mechanical design that meet the industry standards
* Identify interface between individual systems, understand relationship between systems and highlight potential clash and ensure overall system is developed to meet HMJV expectations
* Participate in daily on-site inspections
* Ensure mechanical activities are undertaken in line with HMJV Quality standards and procedures
* Prepare Risk Assessments and Method Statements in a timely manner to undertake mechanical works
* Carrying out defect/breakdown analysis, ensure corrective tasks are completed in a timely manner and prepare lessons learnt reports to promote continuous improvements
* Provide assistance to site engineers in matters regarding the Mechanical systems
* competitive salary
* 27 days holiday (option to buy or sell 2 per year)
* Discretionary annual bonus
* Above market rate pension
* 2x charity days/giving back days
* Life assurance
* Other Murphy benefits include: include retail discounts and cashback, discounted gym memberships, cycle to work scheme etc
We are looking for additional Fire Extinguisher Engineers to service clients in the North East.. Previous experience of service extinguishers...Apply For This Job
Advanced Diesel Engineering is a Generator and Switchgear Acoustic housing specialist responsible for the design, manufacture, installation and service of...Apply For This Job
Reference: TS-EE-HAT-NK-1510 Job Title: Electrical Engineer Location: Hatfield Contract: Permanent Salary: £33,000 – £35,000 Would you like to work for one of the...Apply For This Job
We are looking to recruit Administrators / / Schedulers / Controllers within our business that have a strong administration background...Apply For This Job
The Opportunity We have a unique opportunity for a VP Engineering to lead the engineering team here at Leonardo in...Apply For This Job