J. Murphy & Sons Limited is a leading global, specialist engineering and construction company founded in 1951 that improves lives by delivering world-class infrastructure. Operating in the United Kingdom, Ireland and Canada, we provide better engineered solutions to infrastructure sectors including transportation; water; power; natural resources; and construction & property.Headquartered in London, we also have a number of related businesses – Ground Engineering; Utility Connections; Murphy Plant; Urban Infrastructure; Murphy Process Engineering; Pipeline Testing Services; Specialist Welding Services; and Electrical Services. We are specialists in delivering pipelines; design; marine; structural steel; tunnelling; fabrication; bridges and piling; and invest heavily in our substantial holding of plant; equipment and facilities.
Electrical Engineer – London
Murphy are recruiting an Electrical Engineer in South London to join a team working to deliver the second phase of London Power Tunnels.
National Grid has agreed a 6-year contract with Murphy to deliver tunnelling and shaft work in the second phase of its London Power Tunnels project. The contract is worth £400 million, and work has started as of March 2020 with offices opening in Bermondsey and New Cross, South London.
The £1bn LPT project will see the construction of a 32.5km tunnel which will house electricity transmission cables 30m underground. The new cables will replace three circuits that currently run under the surface or roads between Wimbledon and Crayford. The replacement tunnel will minimise disruption for Londoners, eliminating the need to dig up the existing cape infrastructure.
* Relevant Degree Qualification in Electrical Engineering
* Experience construction of underground utilities, supervision of electrical networks including electrical substations
* Experience in the engineering and tunnelling field
* Proficiency in design and calculation software
* Exceptional technical and problem-solving skills and reasoning ability
* Data acquisition and interrogation skills
* Knowledge of PLC systems
* Plan, Design, support procurement, implement, maintain and control electrical equipment on LPT2 including electrical aspects of mechanical equipment
* Evaluate the electrical service provider's safety, reliability and operational performance
* Perform calculations to validate the electrical system suitability for the requirements
* Collaborate with electricians and engineers to solve emerging issues
* Ensure installations are in line with HMJV needs and safety standards by preparing electrical systems specifications and technical drawings
* Perform quality and performance analysis
* Establish and maintain maintenance and inspection plans
* Ensure maintenance records are being completed and records held
* Ensure staff is using the correct PPE, tools and machinery before starting a task
* Inspect installations and observe operations to ensure compliance with design and equipment specifications and safety standards
* Provide professional support to the management team, helping to ensure high quality service delivery and co-ordinate response to the Client
* Ensuring compliance with specifications, codes, or customer requirements by directing or coordinating installation, manufacturing, construction, maintenance, documentation, support or testing activities
* Preparing specifications for purchases of electrical equipment and materials.
* Liaise with Procurement team to ensure adequate availability for electrical spare parts to ensure non-productive time is minimised during the tunneling works
* competitive salary
* 27 days holiday (option to buy or sell 2 per year)
* Discretionary annual bonus
* Above market rate pension
* 2x charity days/giving back days
* Life assurance
* Other Murphy benefits include: include retail discounts and cashback, discounted gym memberships, cycle to work scheme etc
Fuel Systems Engineer AVK are the UK's leading provider of critical power systems and maintenance that guarantee your power. For...Apply For This Job
HGV Repair Technician | HGV Mechanic Salary – £35,089 per annum + Benefits Working Pattern – 4 on 4 off...Apply For This Job
Solution Architect (Design Authority) – Training Systems / Defence / Design Authority Summary of role A fantastic opportunity to join...Apply For This Job
ABOUT THE ROLE Liberty Speciality Steels have exciting opportunities for experienced Mechanical Technicians, reporting to the Team Leader /Shift Engineer....Apply For This Job
Company: Arjo Position: Service Engineer Location: Field based covering London and Kent Job type: Permanent, Full Time Salary: £29000 –...Apply For This Job
Company Description SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark...Apply For This Job