Are you personable and approachable with a passion for working with people? Are you a confident communicator? We are looking for an Employee Liaison Officer to join on a Fixed Term basis based at our Hollybank site, near Hatton, who will support our Operations team as we enter our peak period for Christmas 2020.
We are a leading supplier of Poultry products into an impressive range of customers in the UK retail and food service sectors. With ambitious plans for the future, there hasn’t been a more exciting time to join us.
Join us as an Employee Liaison Officer and you can be a part of the aspiring team that brings Avara Foods to life.
Purpose of the role
The ELO will take responsibility of the on boarding process for all new recruits within the factory. Acting as key point of contact, the ELO will help ensure new starters are informed and comfortable with their new role. Additionally there will be a focus on explaining and helping to enforce COVID 19 mitigation measures.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Meeting and greeting all new recruits on their first day of employment and having daily check-ins with them during their first week of employment
• Arranging all PPE, lockers and ID/swipe cards for new recruits
• Delivery of Avara Induction
• Support and resolve low-level employee queries relating to their employment, e.g. replacement of ineffective swipe cards, lost locker keys
• Ensuring that SOPs are understood and completed prior to entering the factory environment
• Working closely with the Training co-ordinator to ensure that training is being done across site with new recruits and existing employees e.g. SOPs are up to date.
• Carrying out audits for the 3-7-11 process and training in general
• Attending meetings with new employees and their section managers
• Working closely with the onsite agency colleagues to ensure a consistent experience is gained for both new employees and temporary employees
• Within the factory environment support the management team in ensuring the all COVID19 mitigation measures are being correctly followed
What we are looking for:
• Good planning and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workloads effectively
• Attention to detail
• Self-motivated and able to adapt to different circumstances
• An effective communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task
• Someone personable, approachable and helpful
• Willingness to learn & develop
• Experience of working in a factory environment and an understanding of SOPs/SWPs – desirable
• Working in a customer facing role – desirable
A little about us:
Avara Foods is one of the UK’s largest food businesses, supplying chicken and turkey to the nation’s most popular supermarkets and restaurants. We are a fully integrated business controlling the whole product supply chain, which include feed mills, farms, hatcheries and factories with associated transport and logistics functions that employ more than 6000 people. The growth of our business is based on providing a high quality, affordable product and delivering great service levels to our customers. This is achieved by investing in people, utilising the latest technology and being uncompromising in our commitment to high quality and food standards.
What’s in it for you?
We are committed to making sure our employees reap rewards of commitment and great performance. You will enjoy a secure, supportive and progressive working environment, where your contribution and achievements will be recognised and rewarded
We offer comprehensive training as well as development and career progression opportunities. As an ELO, you can also look forward to benefits that amongst other things include the following:
• £9.95 per hour, paid weekly.
• Life Assurance Cover
• Employee benefits scheme including discounted shopping vouchers & lifestyle benefits.
• A dynamic working environment.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer
Job Description You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food...Apply For This Job
Occupational Health Advisor Location: Uttoxeter Salary: Competitive Whether you’re a “Nibbler, Dunker or a Full Packet Muncher” – We’re all...Apply For This Job
It is vital the food industry continues operating throughout these uncertain times, and as one of the UK’s largest food...Apply For This Job
Graduate Surveyor Locations – Rochester (Kent), Longbridge (Birmingham) & Livingston (Scotland) Company Overview The Harlequin Group is a telecoms/property consultancy...Apply For This Job
Job title: Service Workshop Administrator Location: Inverkeithing, KY11 1HY Salary: £18,000 per annum Benefits: Working 39.5 hours Monday to Friday,...Apply For This Job