Electrician/ Electric car charge point installer
Do you want to be at the forefront of a driving revolution, with a flexible start and finish time and opportunities for paid overtime?
Smart Home Charge is a rapidly growing business in an exciting and fast-paced industry. We sell and install electric car charge points for the home. In a short space of time, we have seen a 300% increase in enquiries and installations, so we need to expand our nationwide installation team – that’s where you come in.
We’re looking for electricians in the Nottingham area who are keen to join a rapidly expanding nationwide business that is leading the electric car revolution.
This role involves electrical work for both Smart Home Charge and Response EPR – a market leader in the insurance sector of fire and flood-damaged properties, home emergency callouts and electric car charger installations for the home.
In your role as a Nottingham-based electrician for Response EPR and Smart Home Charge, no two days are the same.
You will travel and visit properties on a daily basis and jobs include:
* Electric car charge point installation at residential properties
* Testing electric car charge point
* Setting up customer mobile phone app for electric car charge point
* responding to home emergencies
* assessing damage to electrical system
* reinstating power and lighting
* installation of temporary supplies
* diagnosing faults
* emergency repairs
* electric testing and certification
As an electrical contractor do you want:
* Your efforts to be appreciated and receive great feedback on a job-by-job basis?
* To make a difference to people’s circumstances and feel a sense of achievement every day?
* Want a management structure that supports you and helps you improve as an electrician?
* To work in a friendly, organised environment and be part of a team?
* To oversee your own jobs and decision making but receive support and advice when you need it?
* Excellent customer service – you are the face of Response EPR and Smart Home Charge, so a polite and friendly manner is crucial
* Understanding nature – many of our customers have had fire and flood-damaged properties, so compassion and understanding are vital to this role
* Dedication to detail – our Smart Home Charge customers have made a significant investment in an electric car and a home charge point, so attention to detail and taking pride in your work is essential
* Organised – it’s important jobs are updated in real time using your 4G-enabled tablet
* Reliable and responsive – emergency jobs can, by their nature, come in at any time. We need electricians who we can rely on and are happy to help in challenging situations, such as extensive flooding.
* Comfortable with technology – as part of your role installing electric car charge points for the home, you will also be expected to help set up the accompanying mobile phone app for the customer before leaving the property.
The ideal candidate should enjoy driving and visiting new areas and meeting new people throughout the area on a daily basis.
You will have 5 or more years’ experience, be reliable, smart in appearance and have a polite and courteous manner. Good personal skills with a compassionate, sensitive, helpful and can-do attitude are essential to the role.
* VW or Mercedes company vehicle provided
* Company uniform, fuel card and tablet provided
* Get paid for your travel time
* Flexible start and finish time
* Work for a growing market leading company
* Option to work long hours and weekends with overtime
£16.00 per hour PAYE depending on experience
Smart Home Charge is a part of Response EPR Ltd, a nationally recognised electrical contractor with a proven track record of more than 30 years’ experience in delivering electrical services. We do not use outside contractors and all of our mobile workforce of fully qualified electrical technicians are DBS checked and trained to work in occupied homes. We carry out EV (Electric Vehicle) charger installations across England, Scotland and Wales with locally based engineers covering all area and postcodes.
Smart Home Charge is a Government OLEV-approved installer of EV chargers. We help customers compare and choose the ideal electric car charger to suit their vehicle, home and budget.
Because we are OLEV-approved, our customers can receive £350 towards the cost of their charger and installation if eligible.
We are a fast-growing business and have just moved into new, larger premises to allow for further expansion of our team and company. We’re looking for new team members who are passionate about their own career development and keen to help grow the business
Start your own business with a Debutots Franchise, including comprehensive training and ongoing mentoring to help you succeed A flexible...Apply For This Job
Early Years Practitioner – Montessori (Level 3) Passionate about Early Years but looking for a different approach? Are you passionate...Apply For This Job
Unqualified/Qualified SEN Tutor CANTO was established in 1992 to provide training and personal development for individuals with Learning Disabilities and/or...Apply For This Job
Are you looking to make a difference? Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to help others to improve their...Apply For This Job
Lecturer (Motor Vehicle). Apprenticeship and Commercial. Full Time. Permanent. Leicester College's Apprenticeship and Commercial Operations Department is one of the...Apply For This Job