Lotus Cars builds world class, high performance and lightweight sports cars that are sold all around the world. The current range – which is 100% 'For The Drivers' – includes the Evora coupe, the critically acclaimed Exige and the iconic Elise.
The latest new Lotus is the Evija, our all-electric hypercar that is the world's most powerful series production model. All Lotus cars are rightly regarded as being the benchmark for exceptional ride and handling, lightweight engineering, exceptional steering, efficient aerodynamics and driver-focused interiors.
Our founder Colin Chapman always believed that a driver wants feedback and control, instant response, precision and agility, the power to accelerate and the ability to stop almost instantly. Over the last seven decades, Lotus has remained true to this ethos. Our core values, our pioneering approach to automotive engineering and our rich heritage – both in road and race cars – are guiding our future.
The ongoing transformation of Lotus is laid out in the company's Vision80 strategy, which states what Lotus will be in 2028 when we celebrate our 80th anniversary. We welcome talented, creative and motivated people to join us on our journey.
To be responsible for development, design and implementation of modified or new software products/applications within Lotus. This role will be a key liaison point with the Lotus business to understand requirements to be developed on software platforms, such as Odoo, K2 and SharePoint. Ensuring adequate governance as part of the development processes, adhering to overall IT standards and policies. Primarily a technical development role but with additional line management responsibility.
* Build business solutions from requirements & user stories using Odoo, SharePoint & K2, in an efficient way.
* Researching, designing, implementing and managing software programs
* Identifying areas for modification in existing programs and subsequently developing these modifications
* Develop, configure and manage the integration of bespoke software solutions to off the shelf applications
* Participate in review meetings and provide updates on requirements, design, test cases etc.
* Create and execute test plans
* Consider system design and the application roadmap, make recommendations and implement in order to leverage the software development environments
* Optimise the applications by building foundational objects
* Provide 3rd line support to business users across the portfolio of custom build software and the associated integration.
* Enable the service desk to provide appropriate 1st & 2nd line support for the inhouse developed software
* Carry out user experience analysis, make recommendations and implement when agreed
* Writing and implementing efficient code
* Assessing operational practicality
* Developing/meeting quality assurance procedures
* Deploying software tools, processes and metrics
* Maintaining and upgrading existing systems
* Training users and fellow IT staff
* Team leading/motivating a team of two developers
* A DevOps Evangelist – promoting the cultural change needed in order to deliver agile development
* Business analysts/ Project Managers/ Systems managers
* Customers: Business Process Owners
* Collaborate & Inform: IT Colleagues, fellow developers
* Coach: IT Service Desk/L2 Colleagues
* Working closely with other developers, UX designers, business and systems analysts
* Key IT Supplier of development resource
* Strong innovation – Lotus custom built software applications will provide Lotus the ability to be different and deliver USP.
* Explaining technical processes and functions to non-technical colleagues
* Influencing colleagues to use the applications in the most efficient manner
* Excellent communication skills
* Excellent Track record of solving problems
* Significant experience of using object orientation programming language
* Development in low code solutions such as sharepoint or K2 Five
* Unix/Linux/Ubuntu Platform knowledge
* Database development, such as SQL/MySQL and PostgreSQL
* Experience of working with Azure DevOps and/or GitHub
* Experience of open source projects
* Odoo (ORM, Workflows, Report Engine & BI)
* Experience of integrating SAP products
* Degree or proven technical background in: Computer Science, Computer Software Engineering, Software Programming and Development (or similar)
* Relationship Management – business Empathy
* Team management
* Good communication skills – written and verbal
* Ability to Influence
* Planning, meeting deadlines – expectation management
* Collaborative – ability to train/support colleagues and IT Teams
* Ethos of continuous Improvement
* 'Can do' attitude
* Self Motivated
* Ability to learn new technologies quickly
* Attention to detail and desire to probe further into detail
* Analytical mind
* Commercial and business awareness
Flexible approach needed, Flexible working opportunity
Vehicle Examiner In addition to the salary, an extra allowance of £2950 is paid to all Vehicle Examiners. Barnstaple, Chadderton,...Apply For This Job
Around 1.6 million people take their driving test every year, teaching people how to drive is not only an industry...Apply For This Job
The role Our Service Technicians, play a major part in keeping our customers safe and on the road. Whether they...Apply For This Job
The role Kwik Fit apprenticeships are the most sought-after in the sector. And it’s not just us saying that –...Apply For This Job
Company Description Culina Logistics is a leading 3rd party UK logistics business specialising in chilled warehousing providing an excellent platform...Apply For This Job