Are you looking for the Career of a Lifetime? There couldn't be a better time to join Willmott Dixon's IT department at our Head Office in Letchworth. We are currently going through a strategic IT transformation to move to the cloud (Azure) and are rapidly adopting the latest concepts of BI (Power BI) and digital construction.
As a part of this we are undertaking an organisational, operational and service transformation. We are therefore recruiting for key new roles that are tasked with the important job of establishing new capabilities, using IT best practices. We also aim to be world class in offering agile and flexible working practices. This offers you a great working environment and a genuine work-life balance. We would welcome applications from people who are looking for an exciting challenge in IT transformation, who understand "what good looks like" and who enjoy a lively and fun place to work. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a talented and innovative IT team and take on a role in which you will be able directly implement change and shape the strategy and vision of the IT function in the years ahead.
We are currently recruiting for a Data & BI Manager on a fixed term contract basis (maternity cover) who will be responsible for supporting business performance and decision making across the group through its use of data. It is fundamental to this role that it aligns with the business by understanding their requirements, objectives, challenges, issues and aspirations. As a day to day manager and leader of the BI team, the Data & BI Manager will be an outstanding people manager, motivating and inspiring their team to deliver outstanding levels of technical quality whilst also delivering outstanding customer service. They are responsible for ensuring their team produce high quality data solutions to meet both the demands for new or changed application systems and services. The Data & BI Manager will conduct Business Intelligence as a service to Projects and construction businesses within the group, as well as to internal IT teams.
Duties and responsibilities within the role will include: –
* Supporting stakeholders and systems owners by working with advanced analytics tools to provide more insightful analytics to the business.
* Liaising with internal support teams to meet business objectives.
* Maintaining a forward schedule of project demand for the team; participating and supporting project and portfolio planning activities.
* Proactively managing your team in accordance with IT objectives, values and product delivery framework.
* Being responsible & accountable for agreed objectives, deliverables and timeframes by effectively managing any challenges.
* Developing, motivating and retaining people within your team.
* Provide mentoring and support to all members of your team.
* Taking an active role in developing, implementing and continuously improving team processes, toolsets, technical plans – owning them to a successful outcome.
* Checking for governance and quality controls of your team.
* Operating a structured test and release process for the safe implementation of new systems, technical changes, software patches and upgrades.
* Ensuring the Scrum Master role is fulfilled for all scrum projects.
* Assuring consistent quality of service and that changes and deployment are implemented in a controlled manner.
* Collaborating with the Enterprise Architecture to ensure proposed solutions match the overall architecture.
* Demonstrating a good knowledge of emerging best practices in the field of Data and BI, research their relevance to the business and provide recommendations accordingly.
* Demonstrating excellent working relationships within Application Services, with project stakeholders and all other IT teams and management.
* Maintaining a future pipeline for your division in conjunction with the portfolio held by the Head of Project Services.
* Collaborating with Senior Management in identifying areas for improvement and innovation.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
The skills / experience required for the role are as follows: –
Technical / Operational
Proven experience of:
* Understanding analytical tools and methods such as Power BI, Data Warehousing and Data Modelling
* Excellent analytical skills, a keen eye for detail
* Delivery of technical projects
* Experience in system testing and techniques
Proven experience of:
* Reading and accurately interpreting technical specifications and plans
* Ensuring teams understanding of IT protocols and procedures
* Possessing a good range of general IT knowledge
* Awareness of the Software Development Lifecycle and Scrum
Proven experience of:
* Working in a matrix management structure
* Working as a conduit between IT and the wider business
* Efficient and sustainable use of all resources
* Supply Chain Management
Proven experience of:
* Proactively liaising with people in non-technical manner
* Managing teams towards a shared goal
* Building strong internal and external relationships
* Promoting change and group initiatives and assisting in its implementation in the business
Qualifications / Memberships
* Degree qualified or equivalent in Computing or related discipline
* ITIL Foundation
*Prince 2 Foundation
* ISEB Testing Techniques
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace. We are happy to consider flexible working.
Willmott Dixon is one of the largest privately owned Construction businesses in the UK. Our unique selling point is our people. We are passionate about people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion has allowed us the success we have enjoyed in recent years. Above everything else you will be joining a values based business: our values are at the centre of every activity we undertake. Having the right talent, coupled with the right culture and values, ensures that we have a sustained future and a trusted brand in our respective markets.
Willmott Dixon has very recently been awarded 5th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 to work for and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development. We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from Business in the Community. We offer a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package* including a company pension scheme, company car or car allowance, life assurance, discounted private medical cover, incentive/bonus schemes, employee trade discounts, and many more. We offer you a bright future, one where you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a fast moving, forward thinking company, who recognize and reward your achievements.
* Benefits may vary dependent upon the role and type of employment contract
Project Delivery Administrator * Are you a graduate looking for the first step in your career? * Have you worked...Apply For This Job
Project Manager – Competitive Salary – Thatcham, Berkshire The Role Are you an experienced web development project manager looking to...Apply For This Job
Short Description of Role The purpose of the role is to provide dedicated Commercial & Business Operations support to Net...Apply For This Job
Job title: DBA Database Administrator. Location: Birmingham, Halesowen (+ in-house relocation assistance available). Salary: £50,000 – £60,000 (£neg) + comprehensive...Apply For This Job
Are you looking to build a career in IT and have no or very limited experience? If you are technically...Apply For This Job