Data Analytics Associate – BDO Liverpool
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Our Shared Service Centre team (SSC) provides essential support to a number of teams across our firm. As well as assisting on large-scale operations, beyond the capacity of a core specialist team, they provide the unparalleled expertise we need to keep moving forward. As part of this friendly department, you’ll have the chance to work on exciting projects and develop your skillset. There’s real opportunity, making it a great chance to use industry knowledge and experience to solve problems in your next career step, or it can be a place to learn if you’re just starting out. If you want to work on important projects and explore your potential, we’ll give you the friendly, supportive working environment to go far.
We’ll help you succeed
The firm is looking to recruit a Data Analytics Delivery Associate to join the Data Analytics Hub based in central Liverpool. This team is one of several Hubs within BDO’s rapidly growing Shared Service Centre (SSC). SSC team members work internally within the business providing support to the client facing members of the firm.
BDO Advantage is the data analytics tool used to analyse a client’s entire dataset. It runs using Qlikview and provides powerful visualizations which help auditors to understand client transactions and identify outliers. Audit of journals is the first area for which the tool is being widely used. You’ll also:
Work extensively with BDO Advantage software to support regional client facing audit teams to analyse client data and produce digital dashboards for the audit teams to use
• Liaise with and support audit teams and clients during the data extraction process
• Supervise a team of Data Analytics Assistants. Allocate and review work within the team
• Provide technical oversight and query resolution for team members and internal clients
• Contribute feedback and recommendations on process and tools used
• Deliver team outputs to agreed timescale, quality and volume
• Provide support to other colleague teams dependent upon seasonality of core work
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far.
We’re looking for someone with:
• Highly developed IT skills – Expert knowledge of MS products (Excel, Access) and some exposure to data analytics tools is highly desirable. Willingness to learn new systems is essential
• Intermediate knowledge of coding/scripting advantageous
• Staff supervisory experience or a strong desire to develop these skills
• Experience in either audit or finance would be useful
• Well presented with a professional level of communication – both verbal and written
• Good time management, organisation skills and the ability to prioritise and complete tasks with limited supervision
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review renumeration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
* 25 days’ holiday;
* access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
* life assurance cover;
* and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
* buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
* add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
* enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
* enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
* receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
* access childcare vouchers;
* take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 5,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?
Finance Assistant Rate of pay: £19K – £25K p/a Contract type: Temporary to Permanent Hours of work: 9am to 1pm...Apply For This Job
Job Title Head of Finance Salary £40 – £45k Dependant on Skills and Qualifications Company: LendingMetrics Overview: Rapidly growing software...Apply For This Job
Senior Analyst Developer – Java, Guidewire, Gosu Hastings Direct is seeking a motivated Senior Developer to join our expanding team....Apply For This Job
Senior Management Accountant Rapid growth global manufacturing business Location: Elland Competitive Total Reward Package + bonus A-SAFE is a rapidly...Apply For This Job
Here at SC Johnson Professional we have an opportunity for a European Planning Manager, accountable for the overall management of...Apply For This Job