At Tymit our mission is to reinvent the credit card to make it honest, safe,
and more transparent to achieve more peace of mind when managing your finances.
To prove this to our users, we have built an elegant and intuitive app linked
to a credit card designed to achieve better financial well-being and control
like never before.
A credit card from a tech company, not a Bank. Fintech credit makes up only a
tiny fraction of overall credit. Still, it is growing rapidly, and Tymit will
be at the forefront of the digital disruption in the credit card world.
Based on the UK, Spain, and soon Greece, our talented and growing team is
committed to creating a diverse and fun work environment putting the user at
the center of every decision we make. At Tymit, we have a mantra. Customers are
first because that’s what drives us and our growth, and we’ll continue catering
to them that way.
We are small, but we think big. Do you want to join us?
We are looking for an ambitious and versatile Credit Risk Manager who will
actively participate in the strategic development and delivery of a technically
profitable portfolio according to the underwriting policy and Tymit growth
This is a fantastic opportunity to not only shape the future of credit cards
within the FinTech space but also to develop your capabilities as a leader.
This role would ideally fit someone wishing to move from traditional credit/
underwriting functions to a more analytics-focused position.
You will need to be a self-learner who enjoys a level of autonomy and responds
positively to feedback. If you are an enthusiastic, energetic leader with a
passion for building credit risk processes and achieving targets, this is the
role for you!
During your time at Tymit you will
* Oversee the entire credit lifecycle underwriting, monitoring, and
* Working along with CRO, manage in-house credit risk function, credit
scoring model, underwriting of credit lines, developing key metrics and
KPIs for the team.
* Act as the leader of the credit underwriting decision-making process.
* Design and improve existing processes and policies.
* Advise ExCo on credit risk exposure and framework.
* Work with the business to design and implement appropriate credit models,
pricing models, analytical tools, stress scenarios, and risk reports to
manage risk exposure and enhance decision making.
* Evaluate the portfolio’s performance and design, test & launch new
features optimized for the market in coordination with Product,
Operations, and Engineering teams.
* Manage the documentation, distribution, and training of underwriting
guidelines across Tymit new products, adhering to credit policy.
* As we scale, manage, and mentor a small team of underwriters to align
with Tymit business goals.
* Collaborate with Product, Engineering, and Operations to ensure scalable,
optimally deployed credit processes.
* Build relationships with regulators, investors, and rating agencies
regarding the credit policy and underwriting guidelines.
* Maintain a current view of industry trends in consumer lending and
underwriting, and subject matter expertise in income verification, credit
analysis, and line management.
* You have previously held a senior position in a Credit function within a
lending business, preferably in credit cards, regulated by the FCA.
* You have a deep understanding of the credit card and small business
lending industry in the UK.
* You have previously built credit risk frameworks and policies for
consumer lending products.
* You have extensive experience in automating underwriting processes.
* You have previously worked in a consumer lending tech company, and your
preference is building for long term automation, getting the processes
ready for future growth.
* You have excellent knowledge of SQL and Python (or would be comfortable
transitioning from R, SAS, Matlab, etc).
* You have experience leading a high performing credit team.
* You bring strong business judgment and analytical skills; You can take
ambiguous problems and solve them in a structured, hypothesis-driven,
* You are an inspiring, engaging people leader with naturally high EQ, able
to set a vision and bring people together.
* You have a strategic mindset, with exceptional clarity of thought, but
will also adopt a hands-on approach and be close to the detail.
* You have entrepreneurial DNA with the desire to solve problems while
wanting to inspire and share your knowledge and passion for FinTech.
The salary range of this role is 50,000 60,000 per annum, dep
25 days of paid holiday plus bank holidays.
Your birthday off.
You’ll be able to benefit from a work from home policy. Currently, Tymi
is working fully remotely, and all employees can remain working from home until
at least the end of 2020.
Flexible working hours.
New office located at Paddington Canal.
Additional days to attend conferences and workshops related to Tymit’s
industry and sector’s technology and events.
1 45/60 min. Phone call with Cynthia, part of Tymit’s People t
Understand your career plan and what motivates you about Tymit.
2 60 min. Video-call with Juan, CRO, and Co-Founder of Tymit.
Discussion to understand more about your skills and give you a sneak peek of
what it could be working at Tymit.
3 60 min. Video-call with Roku, CFO at Tymit.Discussion to bet
understand your fit within the team and give you a sense of Tymit’s culture.
4 60 min. Video-call with Nicolas, COO, and Co-Founder of Tymi
Discussion to better understand your fit within the team and give you a sense
of Tymit’s culture.
5 60 min. Video-call with Martin, CEO, and Co-Founder of
Understand the business’s future and help you to envision yourself at Tymit.
Tymit is made up of people from various backgrounds, and you are welcome for
who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like. We seek to
create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do
their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. So,
bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background.
We do not make hiring or employment decisions based on race, religion, age,
national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation,
marital status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other difference. If you
have any disability, please let us know whether there are any adjustments we
can make for our process to be more inclusive.
Show moreShow less
Description About Us We want to help small businesses win. That s why we re here. We connect small business...Apply For This Job
EY s Financial Services (FS) Tax practice provides tax advisory, transactio and compliance services to a variety of clients in...Apply For This Job
Finance Manager – GBS in Poole, United Kingdom | Global Business ServicesSkip to Main Content Our Stories FAQS My Dashboard...Apply For This Job
Lead Finance Specialist – Statutory Job Number 3518515 Additional Cities Leeds Career Level Experienced Relocation Assistance No Business GE Global...Apply For This Job
Onfido is the new identity standard for the internet. That means we only need an image of your ID and...Apply For This Job