Job Purpose and Background
One Housing helps people to live better by providing high quality homes and care across London and the South East. We manage approximately 16,000 homes. We work hard to make a positive difference to our residents’ lives by promoting aspiration, independence and well-being through a range of training and support services.
The post holder will assist the Head of Income and contract related areas of the business which includes, group portfolio for utilities, managing agents, reconciliation of service charges, monitoring of direct billing to residents for heating and hot water services.
The post holder will also be responsible to the Head of Income to oversee third party billing agents, their set up, scheme oversight, performance, contract management, budget management, income maximisation, enforcement and monitoring and scrutiny and coding of invoices from managing agents.
To assist with future projects for all of the above and development of heating and hot water and billing systems. You will need to ensure costs are recovered and reasonable expenditure is, both sourced and made available to prepare the systems for the essential upgrading and improvements.
It will be important that you are flexible in your approach managing new build stock as well as older developments with unique requirements.
Principle Outputs & Responsibilities
· Day to day management of all listed above.
· Detailed analysis of the data on performance to provide clear updates on performance.
· Review of existing contractual relationships, contract management, maximising income recovery through billing agents or otherwise.
· Budget responsibility for third party billing agents, reconciling income with expenditure.
· Ensuring compliance with the Heating Network (Billing and Metering) Regulations 2014.
· To enforce contractual terms with the third-party billing agents.
· Assisting in the implementation of the Communal Heating Plant (CHP) and arrangements with billing agents, make and implement improvements that will benefit customers and maximise cost recovery for One Housing.
· To work closely with the rest of the Service Charge and Rents Team, Finance Team, Property Management Team, Procurement and Development Teams to manage a cost-effective billing agent solution for One Housing.
· To assist in the efficient and effective collection of service charges for all properties by ensuring the accuracy of charges and assisting in the resolution of disputes and queries.
· To provide specialist advice and guidance to colleagues, residents and the general public on matters relating to all listed above.
· To proactively ensure that the databases and mapping used for the calculation of rents and service charges is up to date, accurate and contains all the relevant information.
· Additional to third party billing agents, carry out any other task or function as instructed in relation to service charges, utilities, budget setting and control and contract management.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· Good level of IT skills and literacy; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
· Highly numerate and excellent skills in working with data, analysis and contract management.
· Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Ability to provide an excellent customer focused service
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· Knowledge of property management and experience of calculating and issuing property charges, including services and rents.
· Knowledge of leases, tenancies, legislation and case law in relation to service charges and rents.
· Very good IT skills generally and specifically in relation to Excel and BlueBox.
· Experience of producing statistical reports, KPIs and ensuring delivery with performance targets.
· Contract and budget management.
Desirable Professional Qualifications and Membership
· Working towards professional membership of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
Decision Making Accountability
· To work closely with other colleagues in One Housing, Customer Operations, Finance, Property & Asset Management, Development and Delivery teams to ensure the efficient and effective provision of services to all internal and external customers.
· Ensure that responsibilities for Health & Safety are properly understood and discharged as defined in One Housing’s Health & Safety Policy and that Health & Safety concerns are promptly and clearly communicated to the appropriate people.
· Comply fully with One Housing policies and procedures including the standing orders and financial regulations.
· Comply with the Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy.
· Comply with the Data Protection act (all employees will not disclose or make use of for their private advantage any information held on record which is not available to the public).
· Carry out any other reasonable duties as required.
In order for someone to be considered as an ideal candidate to progress into this role then they would need the desirable skills, knowledge and experience described above. A professional membership of RICS and the Institute of Leadership and Management will also be desirable.
This role could also progress to a wider property management operational manager role if sufficient knowledge and experience can be demonstrated
Brand: Jewson – Location: Keynsham Job Title: Mill Machinist Job Purpose To operate mill machinery to ensure customer needs are...Apply For This Job
E.ON is a privately-owned international energy company. Our 40,000 colleagues in 13 countries work daily towards the improvement of technical...Apply For This Job
Become a BCA Logistics Driver Contractor! From the dock to de-fleet and beyond, BCA touches over 3.5m vehicles a year,...Apply For This Job
Treasury Analyst – Security Charging (12 month FTC) We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and committed individual to...Apply For This Job
In the role of Process Development Manager, you’ll work closely with your team to provide process, material and equipment knowledge...Apply For This Job