At Jacobs, we're challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world's most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of approximately 52,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Visit (url removed) and connect with Jacobs on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Business Unit Description:
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do – whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications – is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed -today and into tomorrow.
Sizewell C (SZC) will be a next-of-a-kind nuclear power plant in Suffolk, England using the same technology and design as the Hinkley Point C (HPC) nuclear power plant under construction in Somerset.
The SZC Project is engineering-led in order to secure SZC's design replication strategy and a large part of the supply chain is being replicated from HPC.
The construction contracts are categorised by Programme and are broadly: Equipment, Conventional Island, Nuclear Island, MEH, Main Civil Works and Enabling Works.
The SZC Project success will be linked to our capability to replicate HPC design to SZC site. This replication is challenged by the site specificities and the impact it may have on the design of the EPR UK. The definition of the changes, the processes to develop and implement the changes and the implementation of the change compare to HPC is a key activity to secure the replication and develop the business case of SZC project.
The No Change Committee manages the permanent design configuration. This role is to complete these activities by managing the Site Configuration and Construction Sequence committee. The committee is in charge of supporting any decision needed to manage Site configuration and construction sequence, space allocation, interfaces with the permanent site design. The objective must be to replicate HPC design as much as possible and limit the impact on construction activities.
The Configuration Engineer will define all processes, procedures, tools, standards that would be necessary to manage and efficiently developed the SCSC and the link with RC1 configuration. Additional support are needed in order to secure replication strategy of the supply chain and put in place the required processes to ensure that the procurement sequence is managed through an appropriate configuration.
In top of this activity, there is a need to manage the main evolution of input for the supply as the codes and standards and define a strategy and be in position to measure the replication of the list of equipment from HPC to SZC to a low level.
• Act as the technical point of contact for the NI / CI-BOP and CW programmes with regards to all configuration management topics within their scope interfaced with the management of supply chain.
• Ensure that the main partners configuration strategy follow SZC guidance.
• Support the programme to put in place the PCR process and manage interface between PCR process and configuration management.
• Coordinate codes and standards replication strategy.
• Coordinate update of the procurement LDA.
• Develop a strategy to manage replication of equipment list from HPC to SZC.
The role does not have any direct reports or budget control.
Reports to: Engineering Integration Lead
Department/Team: SZC Engineering and Delivery
Note1: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the responsibilities & activities that the job holder may be required to undertake.
Note2: Travel costs for non-local candidates would be considered.
Note3: Based in Client office – Monday to Friday – 40hrs per week.
Note4: Please provide travel plan to undertake this role / salary expectation / current notice period on Cover Letter with this application
• Capable of defining Modification Processes in consistency with project needs.
• Capable of coordinating cross cutting technical topics.
• Experience of Configuration Management in the delivery of major infrastructure projects.
• Experience of Project Management in the delivery of major infrastructure projects.
• Ability to read, digest and implement engineering procedures.
• General professional qualities as accuracy, tenacity, result-oriented and teamwork-oriented attitude, diplomacy.
• Ability to work independently, be pro-active, report on and escalate relevant issues.
• Good communication/interpersonal skills.
• Experience in large multi-disciplinary engineering projects.
• Proficient user of MS Office.
• Fluent English – written & verbal.
• An understanding of engineering principles within EPR projects with a detail overview of the EPR project design.
• An understanding of the commercial aspects of major project delivery.
• Prior experience working on the HPC project is beneficial.
• Nuclear experience, working within a regulated, licenced environment.
• French and/or Chinese language – written & verbal.
1. Safety – Safety is the Number 1 priority; we must therefore always act in a safe, responsible manner. Whilst Safety is not a behavioural competence, it must underpin everything we do
2. Business Acumen
3. Challenge and Change
4. Decision Making
5. Leadership Values
6. Building Relationships
7. Leading through Teamwork
8. Open Communication
9. Developing Self and Others
10. Achievement Orientation
• Must recognise the importance of nuclear safety and zero harm
• BPSS level security clearance required
At Jacobs we see safety differently – we strive to go 'BeyondZero' by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall. We are also Disability Confident Committed; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
To find out more about our networks, please visit our website; www.(url removed)
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.
nmcn work in partnership and collaboration with our customers, to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across...Apply For This Job
Reference Number:TS-EE-NLON-SM-2610 Job Title: Electrical Engineer Location: North London Salary: £34,000 Contract: Permanent; Monday-Friday 8am-5pm Business Division: Hard Services, Facilities Management...Apply For This Job
Speedy are the UK’s leading hire provider with the widest range of tools, specialist hire equipment, plant and support services...Apply For This Job
About the role We have an excellent opportunity available for a motivated Vehicle Technician to join our team at Guy...Apply For This Job
Trainee Domestic Gas Appliance Engineer Calling All Qualified Gas Engineers…. 0800 Repair are the UK's largest independent Domestic Appliance Repair...Apply For This Job