The planning and preparation of high quality meals and snacks for residents and
visitors to the home.
To plan and deliver the full dining experience with high quality catering,
contributing to the overall wellbeing of the residents within the budgets
Food Preparation and Handling
* Prepare and cook all daily meals for residents and staff, and provide
catering for special occasions and events, such as birthday cakes;
* Ensure the quality and presentation of the food is to the highest
standard and specification;
* To be responsible for monitoring and recording, day to day production
schedule of each menu item.
Health and Safety
* Understand and encourage the principles of safe food handling to ensure
all food preparation undertaken in the kitchen is to the highest
standards of hygiene;
* Track and Monitor temperature checks of refrigerators and freezers to
ensure food is stored safely;
* Prepare and oversee the cleaning rota, to ensure the regular cleaning of
all kitchen areas, equipment and appliances to meet the high standards of
cleanliness necessary in food storage, preparation and service areas;
* Understand your personal responsibilities and practice safe systems of
work in relation to the Health and Safety at Work Act including a working
knowledge of COSHH assessments;
* Practice safe systems of work across the range of tasks and in particular
moving and handling of loads, by assessing risk and having due regard for
personal safety of residents, visitors and staff;
* Take reasonable care of items of equipment used to carry out tasks,
including general cleanliness and advising on any faults and the need for
maintenance or replacement;
* Use and clean kitchen equipment and have the knowledge to observe the
Food Safety (General Food Hygiene) Regulations 1995;
* To ensure all food is stored, handled and packed at the correct
temperature and in accordance with Food Handling and Hygiene Regulations;
* To maintain records of temperatures and remedial action taken where
necessary, reporting all issues to the Home Manager;
* Use machinery as shown and trained to ensure equipment is used safely and
in accordance with legislation, and reporting of equipment issues to your
* To ensure that work areas are kept clean and that all waste is recorded
and disposed of correctly.
* Act in a professional and courteous manner at all times towards residents
and their visitors, respecting the dignity and individuality of each
resident and ensure effective communication is maintained;
* Develop a welcoming culture within the home to encourage an engaged team
working ethos, responding positively to colleagues and actioning all
reasonable work instructions promptly.
An energetic, committed yet approachable team member, the person who fulfils
this role will add real value their obvious passion and commitment to both
residents, families and staff alike, but will have the ability to multi-task in
a high pressure environment with care and compassion.
Their talent and ability will be a reflection of the brighterkind culture and
values and will help showcase the best of our organisation.
* A team player – brighterkind is a low ego organisation;
* Strong communicator and influencer;
* Energetic and hard-working;
* Passionate about offering superior services and want to make a difference
in everything that they do.
A sense of humour and positive outlook on life Glass half full rather tha
half empty is key!
Apply to this job.
Think you’re the perfect candidate?
Job ID: KB/401/056420
Show moreShow less
Kitchen Assistant : Sociable Hours GBP 8.72 per hour plus benefits Bank Hours As and When required. Wellington Vale is...Apply For This Job
Description Your key responsibilities as the Kitchen Assistant/Kitchen Porter will consist of: * Ensure full area of responsibility is clean,...Apply For This Job
Company Overview Hotel We work with some of the most talented and unique individuals in our business, who always ensure...Apply For This Job
With your support as a Kitchen Assistant at the Plough, everything will run like clockwork! You ll make sure everything...Apply For This Job
Bar Team Member – Slug and Lettuce Winchester Location: Slug and Lettuce Winchester,12 – 13 The Square ,Winchester,Hampshire,SO23 9ES Salary:...Apply For This Job