The planning and preparation of high quality meals and snacks for residents and
visitors to the home.
To plan and deliver the full dining experience with high quality catering,
contributing to the overall wellbeing of the residents within the budgets
Food Preparation and Handling
* Plan and prepare suitable menus for approval by the Home Manager, which
provide varied, nutritious and appetising options for all service users,
taking account of any special dietary needs and retaining records for
* Prepare and cook all daily meals for residents and staff, and provide
catering for special occasions and events, such as birthday cakes.
Management and Leadership
* Liaise with approved suppliers to ensure efficient delivery of orders, in
line with the company policy and procedures to maintain appropriate stock
levels and control. Ensuring good quality provisions are purchased within
agreed budget limits;
* Overall responsibility and supervision of other kitchen staff, providing
instruction and demonstration to unqualified staff on simple food
* Liaise and advise on the supply and quality of items purchased by the
home in line with specific tasks, ensuring the timely and appropriate
ordering of replacement goods; Attend and encourage staff to attend
all relevant staff meetings.
Health and Safety
* Understand and encourage the principles of safe food handling to ensure
all food preparation undertaken in the kitchen is to the highest
standards of hygiene;
* Track and Monitor temperature checks of refrigerators and freezers to
ensure food is stored safely as per the company policy and procedures;
* Prepare and oversee the cleaning rota, to ensure the regular cleaning of
all kitchen areas, equipment and appliances to meet the high standards of
cleanliness necessary in food storage, preparation and service areas;
* Understand your personal responsibilities and practice safe systems of
work in relation to the Health and Safety at Work Act including a working
knowledge of COSHH assessments;
* Practice safe systems of work across the range of tasks and in particular
moving and handling of loads, by assessing risk and having due regard for
personal safety of residents, visitors and staff;
* Take reasonable care of items of equipment used to carry out tasks,
including general cleanliness and advising on any faults and the need for
maintenance or replacement; Use and clean kitchen equipment and have
the knowledge to observe the Food Safety (General Food Hygiene)
* Act in a professional and courteous manner at all times towards residents
and their visitors, respecting the dignity and individuality of each
resident and ensure effective communication is maintained;
* Develop a welcoming culture within the home to encourage an engaged team
working ethos, responding positively to colleagues and actioning all
reasonable work instructions promptly.
An energetic, committed yet approachable team member, the person who fulfils
this role will add real value their obvious passion and commitment to both
residents, families and staff alike, but will have the ability to multi-task in
a high pressure environment with care and compassion.
Their talent and ability will be a reflection of the brighterkind culture and
values and will help showcase the best of our organisation.
* A team player – brighterkind is a low ego organisation;
* Strong communicator and influencer;
* Energetic and hard-working;
* Passionate about offering superior services and want to make a difference
in everything that they do.
A sense of humour and positive outlook on life Glass half full rather tha
half empty is key!
Apply to this job.
Think you’re the perfect candidate?
Job ID: LEE/000/056401
Show moreShow less
CO4 Solari Team Leader Main Purpose As a Solari Team Leader, you will lead and motivate the Solari Desk Operators...Apply For This Job
Ovenclean is the UK's original oven cleaning specialist with a network of over 100 established franchisees nationwide. With Ovenclean, you...Apply For This Job
Closes 24-09-2020 Contract type Temporary Pay rate 8.72 Number of hours per week 20 Days of the week Monday 7:30...Apply For This Job
This important role assists in providing healthy and nutritious food for our residents, which is crucial to their wellbeing and...Apply For This Job
Head Chef Job no: 681810 Contract type: Permanent Location: Portsmouth Categories: Head Chef Head Chef – Bar+Block Bar + Block...Apply For This Job