Posting date: 15 September 2020
Salary: 11.65 per hour
Hours: Full time
Closing date: 15 October 2020
Location: Saffron Walden, CB11 4AQ
Company: Maria Mallaband Care Group
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: VA000995-1
About the Role
The Cook/Chef must be reliable and fully competent in all aspects of kitchen duties and be able to produce a variety of menus, including catering for special dietary needs, whilst not exceeding the budget.
– Promote the Company Mission Statement at all times.
– Prepare menu in line with allocated food budget.
– Prepare, cook and serve meals chosen by the Service Users from the menu for the day, using stock as required as economically as possible, whilst maintaining the quality without undue shortages or excesses
– Liaise with chosen suppliers on ordering the required stock whilst maintaining the budget.
– To document daily menus.
– Store all food safely. Rotate stock and check ‘use by’ dates regularly
– Ensure kitchen equipment is kept clean and ready for use and ensure that all cleaning rotas are completed and handed to the Person in Charge.
– Assist the Care Manager in the resolution of any Service Users’ catering complaints.
– Supervise the kitchen staff and assist with the induction and training programme for new staff and participate in staff reviews and supervisions.
– To be aware of risks to the Service Users from the kitchen equipment.
– Comply with company policy and procedure in relation to infection control and prevention.
– Attend staff meeting as required.
– Maintain confidentiality at all times in relation to the relevant data protection legislation.
– Develop and maintain a good rapport with Service Users, relatives and be polite and courteous to all visitors. When answering the telephone, ensure professionalism and any messages taken are dealt with effectively.
– Maintain appropriate documentation in line with ‘Safer Food Better Business’.
– Ensure safe use of equipment and report any defects to the Person in Charge.
– Report incidents involving Service Users, staff or visitors immediately to the Person in Charge
– Understand the importance of correct record management and own personal responsibilities in maintaining this through passwords, storage of documentation, and sharing information (both paper based or on electronic systems).
– Report breeches of records security to line manager or the Caldicott Guardian.
– The Cook/Chef will hold an Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate. They will also show a willingness to participate in continuous improvement and vocational training programmes.
– Have an understanding of the Health and Social Care Act 2008.
– Able to demonstrate an ability to manage pressure, prioritise tasks and communicate effectively at all levels.
– Genuine interest in working in a care environment.
– Have an understanding of and empathy with older people.
– Be able to take a lead where needed and also be a team player.
– Required to work in a physically and mentally demanding environment.
If you would like to use your experience and people skills in an organisation that provides the best quality care you’d expect for your loved ones, then MMCG is a rewarding place to be.
In return for all of this you will receive a competitive salary package plus:
– Training support and development opportunities
– 5.6 weeks annual leave
– Fully funded training
– Simply Health cover after one year of service, inc. cashback on medical and dental expenses
– Perkbox – a range of discounts and free monthly offers for a variety of high street shops and restaurants
– Car through salary sacrifice
– Cycle to Work scheme
– NEST pension plan
– Nurse and carer referral scheme
– Rewards for 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 years of service
– Annual staff recognition through MMCG Care Awards
*Apprenticeship opportunities available
Highfield is an established, largely purpose-built care home for the elderly offering residential, nursing and dementia care. A professional team has furnished the Home to an exceptionally high standard, providing elegance and comfort. The recent refurbishments at Highfield have further enhanced the style and comfort on offer. The a€œhome from homea€ feel at Highfield is created by the dedicated staff who have been selected not only for their professional ability but also for their commitment to truly making a difference for the people in their care. Residenta€™s rooms are spacious and feature en suite facilities. The communal areas are at the centre of what makes Highfield a real community whether it be at meal times or when enjoying activities. There are no fixed visiting hours so friends and family can come and see residents at any time. The dining experience at Highfield boasts fine home cooking by a professional Chef who has created a menu to reflect the interests and tastes of the discerning residents. Every birthday is celebrated with a homemade and personalised cake.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.
Position Title: ASSISTANT MARKETING MANAGER – WRITING Reports to: EMEA & APAC ASSOCIATE MARKETING MANAGER Location: LICHFIELD – Staffordshire Job...Apply For This Job
Job Details Leadership and Management, Business Administration, Teaching Assistant, Early Years and Health and Social Care Tutors and Assessors (Apprenticeships)...Apply For This Job
At Mencap, we value a diverse and inclusive workplace and we intentionally plan for the success of our colleagues in...Apply For This Job
Relief nursery assistant Job details Posting date: 10 September 2020 Hours: Part time Closing date: 10 October 2020 Location: Long...Apply For This Job
Experienced Social Workers Support Workers Experienced Social Workers Reference: SCC05448 Organisation: Suffolk County Council Place of work: Suffolk Salary details:...Apply For This Job