We are currently recruiting for a Business Procurement Manager within The Cornwall Bakery part of our business based in Cornwall.
Samworth Brothers Group, a 4th generation family business that prides itself on looking after its people and producing high quality products. We are always looking for outstanding people, with great attitudes and an openness to learning to join our family. The size of our business enables us to support career development and progression that will help our people fulfil their potential.
To work in partnership with Group Procurement, Suppliers and Customers to accelerate financial delivery, protect the business from risk and transform supplier led innovation.
* Own the Bakery Procurement Agenda and be accountable for Planning and Delivering the Bakery Purchase Price Variance and Profit Improvement Plan.
* Accountable for Supplier Performance at the Bakery.
* Responsible for ensuring that central procurement understand and deliver the strategic and operational needs of the bakery, and that central projects are effectively managed through the bakery.
* Act as the point of escalation for all procurement escalations at the bakery.
* Support NPD to determine the right approved suppliers are identified and are only using the correct approved suppliers.
* Supporting the business to drive future innovation whilst ensuring that the business continues to rationalise their product range wherever possible
* Supplying the product information to the business unit for all new materials, ensuring accuracy of data with all new raw material input costs.
The Right Person
You will be someone who is self-motivated and focussed on the customer. You will demonstrate initiative and ownership. You value others and their contribution and enjoy working collaboratively with colleagues. You will be flexible and adaptable to change. In addition, you will have the following skills:
* Experience working within the Food industry
* CIPS qualification preferred
* Strong project management experience
* Experience of driving through step changes within a business
* The ability to make difficult decisions and to take a calm & measured approach in an often pressured environment which often involves working to tight deadlines to overcome and achieve results.
* Strong and proven stakeholder management skills
* Full driving license
* Flexibility regarding travel
What we have to offer
We provide a terrific range of benefits including great facilities with onsite parking and subsidised restaurants, as well as an excellent retirement savings plan (pension), private health cover (subject to terms and conditions) and a discount scheme ‘Quality Life’ that provides savings at supermarkets, high street retailers and a host of leisure outlets