Excited to grow your career?
Our mission is to ‘help people save and invest with confidence’. We are looking
for great people to join us, so please come and invest in YOUR future at HL.
JOB TITLE: Board Executive Assistant
CAREER DEVELOPMENT PATH: Service Delivery
REPORTING TO: General Counsel
We currently have a new opportunity for an Executive Assistance with focused
responsibilities working with the plc Board to join HL. You will be supporting
the HL plc Board providing key assistance for the Board and Non-Executive
Directors (NEDs) in the form of organising all calls and internal meetings with
the NEDs, being their first point on contact and triaging all queries,
scheduling plc Board meetings, assisting in preparing Board packs, making
travel bookings, arranging lunches, managing expenses and keeping schedules up
to date. While you will also have traditional EA duties this role will be
varied with the Board duties and increased related responsibilities. You will
be the first point of contact for all NEDs and expected to respond to and
liaise with them and related external advisors on all day-to-day queries. For
an experienced PA this is a great opportunity to build key relationships with
the most senior people leading a FTSE 100 company.
* Being the first point of contact and building relationships with the NEDs
including managing expectations where necessary and keeping a clear focus
on providing a high quality service to the most senior leaders in the
* Providing support to all NEDs, e.g. booking travel, arranging meetings,
assisting with ad hoc IT queries, processing expenses etc.
* Scheduling meetings and building relationships with a wide variety of
* Maintaining the central Company Secretariat diary by ensuring all board
and committee dates throughout the organisation s governance framewor
(along with any other NED commitments) are communicated and kept up to
date and aligned with the NEDs schedules this will require
managing and negotiating a wide number of conflicting diary priorities
across time zones
* Reviewing, preparing and printing documentation, such as board packs
through the use of a Board portal
* Supporting members of the Company Secretariat in following up action
points and drafting agendas for meetings
* Leading on developing and maintaining the Governance section of HL s
* Maintaining a matters arising database on HL s intranet to assist all
members of the executive in timely completion.
* Filing basic forms at Companies House on behalf of members of the Company
* Being responsible for ensuring NED training is up to date and recorded
* Arranging food and beverages for board meetings
* Diary and inbox management for the General Counsel
* Providing administration support to the General Counsel and Company
* Experienced as PA supporting Executives
* Experience of working with a Board of directors and / or an Executive
* Experience in dealing with senior leaders with limited time and often
* Experience of working in a legal or company secretarial team
* Confident MS Office products including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and
* Experience of working with Diligent or another Board portal
* Confident in speaking to and influencing senior management – adapts
communication style and messages to suit audience. Able to communicate
complex or technical information in a way that is easy to understand.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Highly organised and able to prioritise and multitask
* Good attention to detail
* Ability to build supportive networks quickly
* Ability to work with a limited amount of supervision
* Takes the action needed to deliver results. Proactively highlights any
problems and barriers seeking to resolve them with the support of others
* Can recognise when an urgent response is required and is able to act or
WHAT’S ON OFFER?
* Performance-related annual bonus scheme
* 25* days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays, plus additional Christmas closure
* Option to purchase up to an additional 5 days holiday each year
* Pension scheme – up to 19% contribution
* Flexible working options available
* Enhanced parental leave benefits
* Variety of travel to work schemes, including season ticket loans and
cycle to work
* Bike storage and shower facilities
* Employee assistance programme
* Volunteering opportunities
* Annual events, activities and sports groups
* Smart casual dress policy and dress down Fridays
We know that sometimes the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist, and that people
can be put off applying for a job if they don’t tick every box. If you’re
excited about working for us, and have most of the skills or experience we’re
looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need!
Hargreaves Lansdown is an inclusive employer that values diversity in its
workforce. We encourage applications from all individuals without regard to
race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
This role may also be available on a flexible working or part time basis
please ask the Talent Acquisition team for more information.
Please note, we are unable to provide employment sponsorship to candidates.
Show moreShow less
Contracts Manager Job no: 524879 Work type: Permanent – Full Time, Permanent – Working Differently Available Location: Aberdeen, Inverness, Glasgow,...Apply For This Job
P2P Team Leader x 2 – Informa FTSE 100, Colchester – (WFH in current Covid19 situation) Informa is a leading...Apply For This Job
Remote working supported. Occasional/infrequent travel to London may be required. Who we are Globacap is a young and innovative FinTech...Apply For This Job
An opportunity has arisen an experienced, talented and ambitious operational managers to undertake the role of Directorate General Manager in...Apply For This Job
Job_Category Sales & Business Development Opportunity Awaits at Altus Group! Job_Description The Corporate Business Development Manager will be responsible for...Apply For This Job