The Ministry of Justice are seeking an AWS Cloud Ops Engineer to join their
team at 10 SC Canary Wharf. Note that the successful candidate will work
remotely for the time being.
Team: Ministry of Justice
Initial contracts will run for 6 months and offer a rate up to 650/day.
IR35 STATUS: Inside IR35. This engagement has been assessed by the public body
as Inside IR35 legislation. Candidates would be required to operate through an
umbrella company on this engagement.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS : 15/09/2020 at 12:00
* You will be responsible for maintaining and continually improving the
security of some of the Ministry of Justice s key digital platforms,
used by millions of people every year.
* You will work with agile product delivery teams on the secure design,
configuration, deployment, testing and management of applicatio-1ns and
systems in traditional data centre and cloud environments.
* You will be responsible for automating common, repeatable tasks to
improve the cyber security around some of our most important datasets and
* You will ensure that vulnerability management best practice is followed,
and that code is developed securely, avoiding common pitfalls. You will
support automated and manual security testing of our deployed
infrastructure and applications and manage the findings from these tests.
* You will drive the development of new security capabilities to support
delivery and ensure that the tools and approaches used are effective.
This role will give you the opportunity to get hands on and build
security into systems.
* You will take a proactive role in securing the digital environment to
ensure effective root cause and trend analysis of security threats and
issues. As part of the role you will be expected to investigate anomalous
activity and support incident resolution with the service.
* You will liaise effectively with interested stakeholders to ensure that
lessons are learned and will communicate threats to aid continuous
information assurance. You will be required to challenge and propose
changes to existing processes where they do not contribute to the rapid
delivery of a secure service.
* Previous experience working on AWS Security on services (IAM, Cognito,
KMS, Federation Services)
* A strong overall AWS Knowledge is essential
* Extensive experience with automation using scripting languages, such as
Perl, Python, Ruby, and/or Bash as well as configuration of
infrastructure with code automation (e.g. Atlassian tools, Ansible,
Puppet, or Chef).
* Experience with version control software and job execution tools, such as
Git, GoCD, Octopus, Jenkins, RunDeck, SaltStack.
* Experience with cloud platforms to include virtualization,
containerisation and orchestration technologies, such as AWS, Azure,
Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
* Experience of secure coding and testing across a variety of tools
(static, dynamic, and both automated and manual) and vulnerability
* Communicating risk in a clear manner to inform business decisions.
* Deep knowledge of networking, infrastructure and applications
* Experience with agile and continuous development methodologies, including
the practices, platforms and tools which support them.
* Polyglot technologist with the ability to quickly learn, adapt and use
different technologies, including but not limited to Cloud platforms and
* Broad knowledge of security controls and how they can be applied in a
traditional IT environment and cloud based systems.
* In depth understanding of the methods of technical attack and how these
can be detected in a digital environment.
* Knowledge of the concepts of information security, and of current and
emerging IT security, data protection and information risk principles and
* Knowledge of security monitoring, prevention and control systems
including but not limited to firewalls, IDS/IPS, web proxies, antivirus
and log correlation solutions.
* Experience in industry performing similar roles
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK, this role will not offer Visa
sponsorship. Tier 2 General visas are cannot be accepted. This role
requires that candidates be willing to undergo BPSS (DS) Baseline Personnel
Security Standard (with a Disclosure Scotland).
Visit for all current Quast recruitment job vacancies.
Show moreShow less
Why Work for Accuity Explore solutions that deliver innovation Accuity powers compliant and assured client transactions to help build an...Apply For This Job
Enterprise Business Architect Abingdon, GB, OX14 3YP Information Technology Sophos evolves to meet every new challenge, protecting more than 400,000...Apply For This Job
Senior CNC Production Engineer Chelmsford Competitive Who are CloudNC? CNC machines are responsible for producing more than $120BN worth of...Apply For This Job
Description Are you an Analytics, Big Data or Business Intelligence specialist? Do you have experience of data ingestion, storage, processing...Apply For This Job
Job Location(s) UK Job ID 2020-10343 LCAT Computer Technician 1 Work Status Full-Time Regular Job Description Are you looking for...Apply For This Job