Area Sales Manager
Support, Develop & Execute the Valmont Stainton sales strategy throughout
southern region of UK (for your geographical area) to meet or exceed targeted
annual revenue & profitability objectives. Improve the creation and delivery of
Valmont s value proposition to grow Sales and Profits. Support Valmont s
salesforce & factories throughout the sales process and train internal and
external business partners in our capabilities and offering.
Area Sales Manager Major Duties & Responsibilities
* Evaluate the Infrastructure Industry in the UK, identifying the key
players (Local Authorities, Contractors, Lighting Designers &
Consultants, OEMs, Distributors, and Competitors) in the different
geographical areas and develop a strategic plan of sales targets in
collaboration with the UK Sales & Marketing Director & local salesforce.
* The geographical priority of this position will be the South of England.
* Define Valmont s value proposition and distinctive market positioning
including the development of full solutions.
* Organize targeted & regular visits with the full spectrum of markets/
customers with a 30% focus on key customer management and 70% on new
business generation. Develop the communication & training strategy
towards these groups (in collaboration with the Sales & Marketing
* Build up a firm relationship with the major Customers, becoming a
recognized Key Contact in the UK and build up the reputation of being the
Expert for this segment within the UK Sales organisation. Develop
strategic partnerships to offer turn-key solutions
* Maximize effectiveness of business partners (agents/distributors) to
increase their knowledge about Valmont product lines and ensure a better
* Drive and execute the sales plan with UK sales team to achieve the sales
and margin targets and coordinate the activities, such as Equote /
Brochure deployment (customer face to face execution) and customer
* Develop an activity regime to maximize to success of the external sales
* Manage business intelligence activities along with the local sales team:
analyze market trends, competitor activity, emerging technologies and
market shares results to identify opportunities for growth.
* Develop a lean approach for external sales processes.
* Identify main product gaps and develop a plan to close them. (Quality and
* Represent the Company at various trade show and fairs etc
* Have HNC in Sales, Business or Industrial Engineering degree.
* Knowledge of the ESS(Engineering Support Structures) market. Having
worked in the lighting business is preferred.
* Sufficient level of technical knowledge.
* Must have worked in sales or product management environment for at least
* Fluency in English mandatory and other European languages would be a
* Travel the extent of Southern England.(a couple of visits a year to HQ in
* Sales & negotiation abilities.
* Confident negotiator and ability to close the deal.
* Responsibility, sense of urgency, engagement, ability to work under
* Address problems in a constructive way, being able to deal with conflict,
and maintain a positive outlook
* Demonstrates our core values, especially integrity at all times, and
* Relationship Building and good communication
* Fosters an environment of teamwork and trust,
* Empowers employees to make changes that remove waste,
* Takes responsibility to train/develop employees,
* Practices solving problems where they occur, Is visionary – thinks beyond
* Decision Making,
* Leading and Managing Change, evolving in a matrix environment
Sales turnover – Market share growth – GP% – Specifiers visited & Specification
pipeline – New clients gained – Growth achieved with existing clients
Show moreShow less
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure...Apply For This Job
About Showpad Showpad is the leading sales enablement platform for the modern seller. Showpad s all-in-one platform empowers sales and...Apply For This Job
Sales Director – Private Aviation. Ultra-High Net Worth marketplace. London Competitive basic + bonus + pension + healthcare This global...Apply For This Job
Group1 Automotive Car Sales Executive Are you a driven, enthusiastic and motivated individual? Do you thrive in a fast paced...Apply For This Job
Salary OTE 37,500 Role area Retail Contract type Permanent Job reference BTXYK548689 Location Stretham SW16 5YP Bathstore is a much...Apply For This Job