The Lubrizol Corporation, a Berkshire Hathaway Company, leverages its unmatched science to unlock immense possibilities at the molecular level, driving sustainable and measurable results to help the world Move Cleaner, Create Smarter and Live Better. Founded in 1928, Lubrizol owns and operates more than 100 manufacturing facilities, sales and technical offices around the world and has approximately 8,800 employees. For more information, view our latest Corporate Report.
At Lubrizol, we have a growing student community in the UK with over 30 placements each year across a number of roles. As a student on placement with us, you will have the opportunity to gain experience working in industry in the area of advanced materials coatings applications developing structure-performance relationships using our in-house synthesised novel polymers.
What You Will Be Doing
– You will be working on the preparation, development and testing of colloidal dispersions for coatings applications such as paints or inks using novel and commercial pigment dispersants
– Our projects have timeframes such as 6 months to 3 years and vary from a market focus to fundamental research
– You will be expected to perform experiments, keep an up-to-date laboratory note book, record and process attained data and be able to communicate these results in group/ team meetings
– You will be liaising with our polymer synthesis group and marketing department at Blackley with regards to your project on a daily basis
What You Will Need
– Studying towards a chemistry related degree involving a year in industry, achieving a 2:1 or above
– Grade B or above in A Level Chemistry
– Lab based experience, whether at university or from work placements
– Excellent working knowledge of the Microsoft Office programmes
– Ability to work both in a team and independently
– Ability to prioritise workload and projects accordingly
We know that Lubrizol is not a common household name, so it may surprise you to know that our products and technologies are in the things that you use every day- from surfaces and fluids in the vehicles you drive, to shampoo, medicines, to the clothes that you wear.
The Lubrizol Corporation, a Berkshire Hathaway company, combines our unique chemistry expertise, formulation and applications capabilities, and market insights to positively impact the lives of our customer’s end users around the globe.
What We Can Do For You
– 19,000 annual salary
– Discretionary bonus
– 34.5 days holiday (including 8 bank holidays)
– Competitive Pension Scheme
– Flexible working hours
– Potential to support final year project
– On site Gym and Restaurant
– Free Car Parking
Together, we are Lubrizol: Where science excels, and people make a difference.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Lubrizol. Lubrizol is not staying put. We are continually learning and evolving. Our passion delivers our success — not only for Lubrizol but for those who count on us every day: our employees, customers and communities.
We are talented people working together to solve problems and improve lives through science. We are making a difference, and we will never stop pushing to do it better.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from a diverse range of applicants. All applicants will be considered entirely on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities.
Our application process is very straightforward, simply create a short profile and upload your CV and cover letter. Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK for the duration of the placement and have completed a minimum of 2 years of an undergraduate degree but will not have graduated at the start of the placement.
Closing date for applications 30th October 2020
Located three miles north of Manchester City Centre, Blackley is home to some of the most popular green spaces in the area including Heaton Park (the biggest park in Greater Manchester, and one of the largest municipal parks in Western Europe), Blackley Forest and Boggart Hole Clough. Reflecting its history as a textile manufacturing hub, the Manchester area was once known as “Cotttonopolis.” The Manchester Ship Canal, built in 1894, enabled oceangoing ships to sail right into the Port of Manchester. Today, Manchester’s museums celebrate its rich industrial heritage and its role in the Industrial Revolution, the textile industry, the Trade Union movement, women’s suffrage and football (Manchester United and Manchester City). Residents and visitors can get a sense of Manchester’s Roman history by touring a reconstructed part of the Roman fort of Mamucium (circa 79 AD), which is open to the public in Castlefield. Returning to the twenty-first century, Blackley is near The Manchester Arndale is the UK’s largest city centre shopping centre, followed closely by the nearby Trafford Center, which boasts Europe’s largest food court and the UK’s most frequently visited cinema.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Front Line Manager to join our Operations team here at Fletchers Bakery. Job...Apply For This Job
Device Risk Manager UK-Cambridgeshire-Cambridge Mylan Pharma UK Limited For Us, It’s A MissionOur Global Device Development organisation is focused on...Apply For This Job
Hygiene Manager Hellaby (Home of KP Nuts) As our Hygiene Manager, you will lead the site hygiene team to achieve...Apply For This Job
Area Analytics We have a vacancy at scientist level for a protein biochemist/chemist in our busy Analytics group in Cambridge...Apply For This Job
Production Operative Natures Way Foods is looking for production operatives to come and join the team making the freshest lettuce...Apply For This Job