Surbiton High School is part of United Learning, a large and growing group of
schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people
across England. Schools within United Learning work as a team and achieve more
by sharing than any single school could. Our intranet site, United Hub, is just
one example of how we share resources and communicate across sites, helping to
simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance.
We reward our staff: with good career opportunities, better pay, benefits, and
ultimately the satisfaction of supporting schools in their quest to give every
child the opportunity to succeed and reach their full potential.
* To help prepare pupils for their A-level examinations.
* To provide support for Years 12 and 13 throughout their A-level courses
* To provide additional support with higher education decisions and
* To be responsible for the environment and work ethic within the Sixth
Form Study Area.
Reporting Line:Assistant Principal/Director of Sixth Form & Assistant Director
of Sixth Form (Well-being)
Tenure:Permanent, part-time, 8.30am to 5.30pm – 2.5 days per week (two-week
rota of two days and three days). Flexibility to attend the Year 12 Induction
Day plus three or four evening events each year i.e. Year 12 Welcome Evening,
Higher Education Evening etc.
* To supervise the Sixth Form Study Area and organise resources and the
environment of this area and maintain a productive working environment.
* To support students with their independent study and revision, including
regular one-to-one meetings with students who require additional support.
* To register that students are present as required in supervised study
sessions and follow-up absences when required.
* To develop suitable materials which will benefit students organisati
and/or work ethic.
* To support students who need guidance in areas such as:
o Organisation and time-management
o Methods of study
o How to broaden their knowledge and understanding of their subjects
o How to obtain subject-specific help with their studies
* To liaise with Form Tutors and Assistant Directors of Sixth Form:
o Students who do not attend supervised study sessions
o Students who are failing to make the best use of supervised study
* To liaise with subject teachers over:
o Content of syllabuses and programmes of study to gain a greater
understanding of these to help guide students
o Activities students should be undertaking
o Subject-specific issues students are experiencing with their
* Contribute to the wider Sixth Form curriculum i.e. SCOPE (PSHE) Days,
Year 10 Taster Day, helping with the preparation of UCAS and Higher
Education applications, Careers Events, University Visits etc.
* When required, to attend parental meetings to contribute to the
discussion regarding additional support for a student.
* Carrying out any such duties as may be reasonably requested.
The successful candidate will be likely to fit the following profile:
* A genuine interest in supporting students to meet their full academic
* The ability to empathise with students; to identify, understand and help
them overcome the barriers that they may face during their A-level
* An understanding of the nature of GCSE and A-level study and the skills
and habits required to succeed.
* An understanding of pastoral issues that Sixth Form students may face and
how best to support students with them.
* An understanding of safeguarding procedures training in this area
will be provided during induction.
* The ability to inspire students and command their respect.
* The ability to create and maintain productive working relationships with
students, their parents and staff.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Excellent organisational and time-management skills.
* Sound judgement and the ability to make decisions in the best interests
of the students.
* High levels of personal and professional integrity.
* High levels of personal presentation.
* High levels of discretion and confidentiality and an awareness of data
* Commitment to Surbiton High School s ethos of promoting the best in
Please apply online visit our website via the button below.
Surbiton High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of
children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening
appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the
Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that the School reserves the right to appoint at any stage during
the recruitment process.
Where support is better shared
United Learning comprises: UCST (Registered in England No: 2780748. Charity No.
1016538) and ULT (Registered in England No. 4439859. An Exempt Charity).
Companies limited by guarantee. VAT number 834 8515 12. Registered address:
United Learning, Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, PE3 6SB.
Show moreShow less
Night Support Worker Reference PRI40758 Location The Vines (Neuro-Rehabilitation Centre), Innhams Wood, Crowborough, TN6 1TE Priory Group Division Adult Care...Apply For This Job
Job Description: About the Role This is a customer first and people focused role with operational accountability. As Store Manager...Apply For This Job
Are you looking for a career in healthcare? Perhaps a career change? Then join us on a journey that is...Apply For This Job
Title: Care Team Leader Location: Tewkesbury, West Midlands, GB, GL20 6EB Department: Care (Qualified and Non-Qualified Care Staff) Operation: Sanctuary...Apply For This Job
Psychiatrist Job Number: HC12438 Division: Healthcare Location: Winchester Contract Type: Permanent Schedule Type: Full Time Closing Date: 30-Sep-2020 Make a...Apply For This Job