Vital Energi are at the forefront of the UK's low carbon energy generating systems of the future. We essentially work in the construction industry, in a rapidly expanding market for Heat and Power Solutions from renewable energy. As a leading turnkey engineering contractor, we design, install, operate and maintain environmentally friendly energy generating systems and networks.
Due to the company’s continuing growth, we require a 1st / 2nd Line Support Technician to strengthen the existing team. Reporting to the Group IT Manager, you will deliver;
* 1st / 2nd line trouble-shooting and system configuration
* Software/ Hardware installations
* Network support and maintenance
* Advice on best practice to users
* Site-to-site, remote user and VPN support
* Great Customer Service on the IT Helpdesk
* Ensure Security and privacy of networks and computer systems
* New User Setup’s / Leaver Processes
* Liaising with 3rd party suppliers.
* Organise and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work
* Maintain records /logs of repairs and fixes
This role would suit someone with 2 years’+ experience in an IT systems/ software environment; has at least 5 GCSEs and • Certified IT Technician would be an advantage (e Comptia A+, Network+, Security+), who wishes to make their mark in an expanding and stimulating organisation.
As an individual with excellent Problem-Solving skills, attention to detail, self-discipline and good oral and written communication skills, you will also have:
* Passion for Technology
* A high level of confidentiality, tact and diplomacy
* A confident manner, with ability to work to deadlines, whilst remaining focused
* An understanding of existing and emerging technologies
* An understanding of business processes
* Technical Competencies in: IT support; IT security; time management and IT networking
* A full UK driving licence would be advantageous.
Ideally, you will already have working knowledge and experience of:
* iPhone, iPad, iMac, Windows phone
* End user compute – Windows 7, 10, Mac OS, Office 365.
* Infrastructure – Server 2012, 2016, 2019
* Antivirus, Web filtering, Encryption, Security patching, Disk imaging,
* Networking knowledge, LAN / WAN
Applications will be processed within 28 days of receipt. If you have not heard from us within this time period it will mean that your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful. Thanks you for your interest in Vital Energi.
The company is opposed to all forms of discrimination and will select for employment, training and promotion on the basis of suitability for the job and/ or merit. It is company policy that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment than another on the grounds of sex, race, colour, age, ethnic or national origins, political affiliations, religious beliefs, marital status, physical disability or is disadvantaged by unjustifiable conditions or requirements.
Only applicants who are legally entitled to work in the UK and are currently resident in the UK are invited to apply.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives:
Vital Energi Utilities Ltd is not accepting unsolicited CVs from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. CVs submitted to any Vital Energi Utilities Ltd employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written & signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Vital Energi Utilities Ltd. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you
Why you want to work here: We are Linnworks, a leading SaaS company with a UK market-leading product for eCommerce...Apply For This Job
You've probably been consuming a rather unhealthy amount of TV content these past months…. would you like to work on...Apply For This Job
DWP. Digital with Purpose. We're looking for a Lead Enterprise Architect to join and lead DWP Digital's growing community of...Apply For This Job
A fantastic opportunity for a Digital Implementation & Support Specialist to join The Anglian Water @one Alliance. The Anglian Water...Apply For This Job
Are you looking to build a career in IT and Cyber Security and have no or very limited experience? If...Apply For This Job